Thursday, December 17, 2015

Paint All The Nails: Secret Santa Edition

Aaa! I am so excited about this post! Let me tell you why. The awesome girls in the Paint All The Nails group that I'm a part of decided to participate in a special Secret Santa exchange (Very Emily was the evil genius behind this all). Instead of doing physical gifts though, we were randomly assigned to another blogger to pay tribute to a special look of theirs! So still a gift of sorts in a very unique way! There has been much anticipation leading up to today. Want to know who I got? My Secret Santa is...



Jae Harrison of The Procrastinating Polishr! I was really happy about this because since I had been inactive on my blog for a few months I wasn't around when she joined the PATN group. This was a perfect opportunity to get to know her blog better and be a casual stalker. Jae comes from the Wonderful Land of Oz, which in my opinion is one of the meccas of great nail polish and fabulous bloggers! I had so much fun going through her Instagram trying to decide which one to recreate. Ah, choices, choices.. to many choices! The one I narrowed in on was her Swirls and Rainbows mani. It really stood out to me and I was so excited to give it a try. 


I used a different color palette in my mani because I knew if I tried to match the colors and patterns, I still wouldn't be able to duplicate the same swirls. The thing that ties it all together is a very similar stamping pattern!

Browsing through Jae's manis the thought struck me that she reminds me of me. Does that sound weird for me to say that? Haha. I think we're similar in that we both use a wide range of nail art techniques. I saw stamping, water marble, free hand, and a few other things that I don't even know how it was done! I love the variety and the constant challenge of trying new things.



I have had this mani done for weeks and have been waiting oh so patiently to show it off! I appreciate the bold neons even more now that the temperatures have dropped and the sky is gloomy. The bright colors are like medicine to my eyes!



What I used:
Zoya Purity (white base)
Pipe Dream Polish VIP Pass, On The List, All In
MoYou London Sailor 06 stamping plate
Konad Special polish Black
Seche Vite top coat


So what do you think? I hope this does my Secret Santa proud! To see more of the Procrastinating Polishr and show her some love visit her blog and follow her on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.

Want to see who all the other ladies got for their Secret Santa? I know I do! Check them out below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!