Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Colores de Carol 2015 Winter/Holiday Collection


Hello my lovelies! I always get so excited when I get to share posts like this. Today I bring you the Colores de Carol 2015 Winter/Holiday Collection. The collection is made up of eight polishes and if you remember last year's Winter/Holiday collection, there is a similar variety of formulas and finishes in this one too. The whole thing says fun and festive, it really put me in the holiday spirit!



Formula and application:
Colores de Carol polishes are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). The Collection is comprised of a few different formulas, so I'll be describing each one along with the application accompanying the photos.
Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .5 fl.oz./ 15ml. The brushes are skinny and round. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 


Midnight Jewel is a blackened teal linear holographic. Can you ever have enough teal polish? I have so many, but I personally don't have one like this. It was slightly on the thicker side, so I needed to let it dry a little before second layer. Two coats, no top coat.




Gingerbread Cupcakes is a brown/bronze linear and scattered holographic with dark copper mini metallic glitter. I love browns so of course I'm a fan of this one.  Easy application, dries a little bumpy (without top coat) because of the micro glitter. Two coats, no top coat.




Sugarplum Sprinkles is a cool-toned purple linear and scattered holo with holo glitter. I really like the extra sparkle from the holo glitter in this one! The formula was good and applied smoothly. This is two coats, no top coat.




Juguetes (Toys) is "a white crelly base with silver shimmer, mix of green and red glitter, iridescent rainbow squares and micro red bar glitter". The shimmer is fairly subtle in person so I knew it would be even harder for my camera to capture. It does give it a added special touch. The formula and application was good. This is three thin coats, plus top coat.




Jelly Christmas is a "blue jelly base with mini navy holo stars, small navy holo hex glitter and large turquoise holo dots". This is the only one in the collection that I struggled with. I like the combination of the jelly base with the smaller glitters, but the jelly was too thick for me and I had a hard time applying it. I asked Carolina if anyone else was having issues and she hadn't heard about any so far. So maybe it was just me or my bottle but it was a chore and even with a lot of effort I don't think I made it look good. This is two thick coats, no top coat. *EDIT* I added a little polish thinner to my bottle and it made all the difference! It went on nice and even.





Marshmallow Candy Apple is "a red jelly base with micro red holo glitter, red ruby glitter, cherry red dots, gold holo mini dots and micro silver hex." There is a lot going on in this one, but it doesn't look 'busy'. You know I love red, still I liked this one even more than I expected to. This was two coats plus top coat.




Tree In A Bottle is "a forest green jelly base with dark green micro glitter, gold holo stars, holo multicolored mix and lime gold iridescent hex". I'm pretty back and forth when it comes to the color green. But once I put this on my nails and started looking at the party of glitter, I was sold. Because of the amount of glitter I had to be a little more careful with application, but it still applied well. This is two coats, plus top coat.




Vintage Lights is "a clear base with silver and gold micro holographic glitter and holographic rainbow glitter". I was so intrigued by this polish and I have to say, it looked even better than I thought it would. I knew this one would be hard to capture, but I think I actually did a pretty good job of it! Super fun and festive! This is three thin layers, plus top coat.






Each polish retails for $10 or you can purchase the entire collection for $72.


Colores de Carol
Facebook
Instagram


I'd love to know what you think! Do you have a favorite? Stay tuned for my review of her New Year's polish!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!