Saturday, July 28, 2018

Essie Treat Love & Color Swatches and Review



Hello friends! I had the pleasure of reviewing some shades from the newer Essie line- Treat Love & Color. These polishes have been designed as a one-step nail treatment that strengthens your nails and provides beautiful color at the same time! No base or top coat needed. The Treat Love & Color line offers a few dozen shades, the majority of which are neutrals, but with some darker and more colorful ones thrown in the mix. I have six that I reviewed in a variety of very sheer tints to full coverage shades.


While I would love to review the strengthening claims of this product, it's just not practical for me as a swatcher. The max amount of time I wear any polishes is about two days, and usually much less than that. So instead I paid more attention to formula and application. Let's take a look..


Mauve-tivation is a medium orchid mauve creme. The coverage was good and it was almost a one-coater. Shown is two coats plus top coat.


Pinked to Perfection is a pale baby pink creme. The formula is watery and sheer and I needed multiple coats to make it look even. Shown is four coats plus top coat.


Tonal Taupe is a beige taupe with golden flecks. The formula is very sheer but applies evenly, so it looks good at one coat or full coverage. It's hard to tell, but it was very flattering in person and will be a go-to nude for me! Shown is two coats plus top coat.


Treat Me Bright is a sheer off-white with blue shimmer. The formula is VERY sheer but is nice if that's the look you're going for. Shown is three coats plus top coat.


Indi-go For It! is a dusty cement blue creme. I had a good experience with the formula with smooth application. Shown is two coats plus top coat.


Tone It Up is a deep dusty plum creme. The formula was great and it is a complete one-coater, though I did two for smoothness. Shown is two coats plus top coat.


The Treat Love & Color shades are available online and in retail stores. Each polish retails for $10.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!