Monday, November 2, 2015

PiCture POlish Nail Art Quarterly 2




Hello ladies! Today's post is of a nail art look that I submitted for the piCture pOlish Nail Art Quarterly 2 contest. The theme was geometric which meant there were practically endless ways to create your look. I had way too many ideas for the theme and had issues narrowing it down. I ended up with this look that was inspired by the fabulous Paulina's Passions because it's awesome and I wanted to recreate it so badly. I love this look, like all of hers, because it's detailed without being overwhelming. That means to me that it's totally wearable.


For my look I started with the base color Grace and applied top coat to dry. Then I arranged my straight nail vinyls into the two different patterns. Then using small pieces of a cosmetic sponge, I dabbed the other three polishes over the spaces between the vinyls. I quickly and carefully removed the vinyls and applied one more round of top coat to finish it off.


I am really in love with this color combo and want to do more designs with these shades!



I do not love the design on my thumb at all. Wah-wah. I am including it anyway because I like the sparkle of the polishes in this photo.

What I used:
PP Grace, Freya's Cats, Pandora, Eerie
Seche Vite top coat
Straight Nail Vinyls


There are some truly amazing entries to this contest. It's through Instagram so if you have an account go search #ppnailartquarterly2 to view them all. I do want to point something out to you though. I've taken a look through all of the participants photos, and the majority of them are Russian. The odds were stacked against me from the start. I never even had a chance! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!