Friday, February 13, 2015

Punk You Valentine's Day!


I've done a lot of cute and saccharine Valentine's Day manis up until now. Romantic relationships aren't always a rose garden though. In fact, I had my first heartbreak right before the holiday, as I recalled in this post last year. Sometimes this holiday is just a reminder of heartbreak and bitterness. And really, there's not much worse than that. For those singing the anthem of "Love Hurts", I've created some angsty punk rock nails for you.


For this mani I started with a white base color on each nail. Then I alternated adding shades of purple and hot pink. To do this I wiped the brush off along the bottle rim to remove all excess polish. Then I dragged the brush along the nail in small, random sections. I followed the same process to add the black on top. Chalkboard Nails has a tutorial here for more explanation.

I painted on the heart before I added the black strokes, so they wouldn't show through. With a black It's So Easy Stripe Rite brush I outlined the heart. Then with a small detail brush I added the silver safety pin. Next I added some black strokes around the heart. I finished with a fast dry top coat. On every nail but the middle one, I dragged the top coat brush firmly to make the look more streaky.



What I used:
Zoya Purity- white
Essie DJ Play That Song- purple
(different neon pinks)- Finger Paints Pink Perspective, Urban Decay Woodstock, Love Charlotte XO
Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris- black
It's So Easy Stripe Rite black
Formula X Need For Speed- silver
Seche Vite topcoat

If you've temporarily (because you know it won't stick) sworn off relationships, I hope you have a great Valentine's Day doing your own thang!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!