Friday, February 14, 2014

I Heart Valentine's Day



Reasons I love Valentine's Day:
  1. chocolate
  2. flowers
  3. spa gift certificates
  4. more chocolate
  5. cards in the mail
Valentine's Day is not at the top of my list of favorite holiday's, but it has its own merits. This year has been extra fun because my kids have been so excited for it these last couple of weeks. It's not like I built it up by telling them that it's cool or even that they get anything. All they knew is that it's a day that has a special name, and that was good enough for them!


For the manicure I started off with two coats of OPI At First Sight. I've used this polish previously for my Happy 10th (Wedding) Anniversary mani. Apparently I associate it with romance or something. Then with a sponge I painted on a gradient of At First Sight, OPI Princesses Rule, and Sephora by OPI Casting Call, and dabbed it on my nails. I repeated the process a few times until I got the desired amount of color.

To create the hearts I used Casting Call again, and also It's So Easy Stripe Rite polish. These polishes don't have color names, but it looks like a dark fuschia.


Here's a fun fact about me: My first boyfriend and I broke up the day before Valentine's Day. True story. I had these friends that were a really cute couple, and I showed up at school and they were being all ewy-gooey with each other. I totally cried. Boo-hoo. That year Valentine's was really sad for me, but I usually see it as a good excuse to make cute cards for people and show them that I care. At least when I've remembered to...



What I used:
OPI At First Sight
OPI Princesses Rule!
Sephora by OPI Casting Call
It's So Easy Stripe Rite in fuschia color
Seche Vite Top Coat

Here's to wishing everyone gets a little love today! Better yet, I hope you've shared some. Either way, I'm sending out my lovey vibes to you. :) XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Aww, that story is so sad! Funny, I was just remembering my first boyfriend the other day and how that ended. It was over 10 years ago, but still, I thought about how silly I was at that age and how we both have grown up so much since then. We all do such dumb things as we figure out how relationships work. Your first ex probably kicks himself now when he thinks about the impact of what he did and the timing! But life is funny like that.
    Anyway, sorry for the long comment! I like the soft, shimmery colours of this mani and the cute little hearts. :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Isn't growing up the best? So many mistakes we don't ever have to repeat.

      Delete
  2. Cute! My kids really enjoyed the gifts you and the kids made! And I greedily enjoyed the treats you made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! My kids really enjoyed the gifts you and the kids made! And I greedily enjoyed the treats you made. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!