Monday, February 9, 2015

ALIQUID Lacquer Gloss48 Exclusive Collection Swatches and Review



Hello lovelies! I have some newly acquired ALIQUID Lacquers that I'm so excited to show you. These polishes were recently launched as an exclusive collection for Gloss48, an indie cosmetics site. The collection consists of six shades, four of which I have to for you today. 


Inspiration:
Alison, the brains (and brawn) behind ALIQUID Lacquer, has drawn inspiration for each shade from Roman goddesses. This is along the same vein of the When In Rome Collection, which is inspired by Ancient Roman holidays and celebrations. Reading the descriptions of the Roman holidays and goddesses has been fun because to be honest, I've never heard of any of them. I love to look at pretty things AND be educated at the same time!

Formula:
As I expected, all of the formulas were really good quality and easy to work with. There are variety of finishes in the collection, similar to the Angel in Hell collection I reviewed last year. Each one is special and unique to me and my stash. Let's take a closer look!


Libitina is an indigo blue scattered holographic with purple micro flecks that gives it a lot of dimension. This was a surprise favorite for me! The sparkle is truly fabulous in contrast with the dark blue. This is two coats, no top coat.



 In the shade the holo becomes hidden and it takes on a denim look.


Carmenta is a caramely taupe with pearly orange shimmer, blue flecks, and holographic glitter. I love neutral polishes and own plenty. The thing that makes this shade special for me is the holo particles that spark and wink at you. So pretty! This is two coats, no top coat.



Here is a last photo of Carmenta in the shade to show how much the holo particles spark even in the shade.


Feronia a rich mossy green with gold shimmer, copper flecks, and larger gold flakies. I'm a little surprised at myself that I purchased this, seeing that it's green and all. After waffling over it for a couple days I finally added it to my cart because I don't have another polish like it. I do have to admit, it's lovely. This is two coats, no top coat.




Angerona is an off white crelly with copper, gold, blue and deep reddish brown glitter and periwinkle iridescent shimmer. The blue and copper combination is what drew me in and gives me a happy feeling. I am so into crelly based glitter bombs right now. How do you feel about them? This is three coats, with top coat.






Each shade retails for $11 available only at Gloss48. Don't forget that all new Gloss48 accounts get $10 off a $30 purchase (before tax and shipping).


Do any of these polishes tickle your fancy? I was originally drawn in by Angerona and had planned to just purchase that one. The more I looked at the other shades though, the more I got sucked it. It's a slippery slope!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!