Friday, February 20, 2015

Philly Loves Lacquer Springtime in Philly Collection



Ladies and gentlemen, are you all ready for some gushing? I have for you today the Philly Loves Lacquer Springtime in Philly Collection. Why am I so excited about this collection? Well Esther, creator of PLL has made some really original, unique, and gorgeous shades that are just perfect for spring in a not-so-expected way. This was my first time trying PLL polishes and wasn't sure what to expect. Let me tell you, I was impressed by all of these.

The Springtime in Philly Collection is comprised of seven polishes with a variety of finishes including five pastel micro glitters, one chrome micro glitter, and one flakie top coat. Each one, excluding the flakie top coat, is designed to be worn on its own.


Formula and Application:
The formulas are all 5-Free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor) and vegan. There are three different formulas and all of them are good quality. The five pastel micro glitters are densely packed and get good coverage easily. They have a lightly textured feel, but a top coat smooths that out. The chrome micro glitter is also densely packed, has good coverage, and was really easy to apply. The flakie top coat is densely packed too. I chose not use a top coat in these photos for swatching purposes but recommend a top coat over all of these.

Bottle and Brush:
The bottles contain 15ml/.5 fl.oz. The brushes are skinny and round. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application.

Now on to the photos and individual descriptions. I have to add the disclaimer- *my photos don't show how lovely these polishes really are.*


Schuylkill Banks (pronounced skoo-kull) is a matte aqua blue, gold, and holographic micro glitter. This is such a gorgeous blue. Again, photos don't do justice. This is two coats, no top coat.
Direct sunlight

In the shade



Sakura Sunday is a matte peach, pink and holographic micro glitter. The combination of peach and pink is so lovely with a soft, delicate feel. I can really see the Japanese cherry blossom influence here. It brings back memories of my trip to Japan... This is two coats, no top coat.
Direct sunlight

In the shade



Delancey Place is a matte lime green, gold, and holographic micro glitter. I don't usually reach for greens and was surprised by how much I loved this shade. It's bright and happy without being loud. Totally a perfect shade for Spring. This is two coats, no top coat.
Direct sunlight

In the shade



Wooder Ice is a mixture of very pastel matte glitters that appear to be mostly baby blue and grayish white, and holographic glitter. I am completely in love with this shade, it's my favorite of the collection. The pastel shades are so light that the overall effect verges on an ugly-pretty shade, with strong emphasis on the pretty. I just can't get enough of this one! This is two coats, no top coat.
Direct sunlight

In the shade



Sister Cities is a matte pink, black, and holographic glitter. Is it just me, or does it look like a pink cookies and cream? It's different, gorgeous, and I love it. This is two coats, no top coat.
Direct sunlight

In the shade



Six More Weeks is a blue metallic chrome/foil finish and holographic micro glitter. I was originally least excited about this shade. My mind was changed though after I tried it on. The frosty look is soo pretty in person and really has the feel of glistening ice.
Direct sunlight

In the shade



Avenue of the Arts is a densely packed rainbow flakie top coat. This is SO colorful and fun. It's like a carnival on my nails. The suspension base was just a little thicker than I would have liked, but it was still easy to apply. This is one coat over Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris, and no top coat.
Direct sunlight

In the shade



The collection will be released today, in both 8ml and 15ml ($6 for mini and $12 for full). Or you can by the complete set (seriously though, you want them all!) for $78 of full size and $39 for mini size.

Philly Loves Lacquer


I would ask you what you favorite is, but how could you possibly choose? They're all so fab!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!