Monday, February 16, 2015

Colores de Carol January Releases Swatches and Review



Hello lovelies! Today I have the Colores de Carol swatches I promised you the other day. Let me tell you, when I opened up this package and unwrapped each polish, there was much oohing and ahhing going on. Let's take a closer look and I think you'll see why.


Formula and application:
Colores de Carol polishes are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). There are three linear holographic shades and one holographic micro glitter. The formula of the first three is a squishy-syrupy consistency. The application was good and I didn't have any complaints. The micro glitter is densely packed and applied easily. The glitter gives it texture without being rough or scratchy. For each swatch I used two coats without top coat

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .5 fl.oz./ 15ml. The brushes are skinny and round. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 

Whirlpool is a rosy copper/bronze multichrome holographic with micro silver shimmer. This is my favorite of the bunch. I think the color is very flattering on me and really wearable year round.




Pinwheel is described as "a holographic multichrome that shifts from cyan to blue to purple to copper". To my eye it appears to be more of a gunmetal shade than blue. No matter, it's still striking.




Green is a bold green linear holographic with small blue iridescent hex glitter. Okay, you know I'm a stickler for names. When I looked at the bottom of this bottle and saw the name "Green" I was a little perplexed. I have to admit though, as soon as I started applying this shade, I almost said out loud "Wow! This is really green!". It's definitely not a demure shade.



Here's a shot in the shade to show how the glitter shows through.


Cha Ching! is the golden sister of Bling! It is a gold holographic micro glitter in a clear base. The glitter has a texture, but not as rough as it looks in this first photo. If you're looking for decadence on your nails, this is it.


Blurred out for some serious RAINBOW!!

Wow! So much rainbow in all of the shades. Do you have a favorite? Whirlpool really captured my heart. To be honest Green isn't my type of shade, but it really makes me think of Spring and lush grass. Each of these polishes retail for $10 and are available now at Colores de Carol.

Colores de Carol
Facebook
Instagram


PS- Carolina just reached 50K followers on Instagram and she made a limited edition shade to celebrate. LE 50K looks like the royal blue counterpart to Green and is available now at her shop. Or you can enter to win it on her blog here!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!