Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Colores de Carol Swatches and Review



Today I have four fabulous Colores de Carol polishes to show you. I was more than pleased with every single one. The formulas were all good and the colors are really beautiful. 

Formula:
Colores de Carol polishes are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). I have two holographic, one glitter, and one multi-chrome topcoat polishes, which each apply differently. I will describe them individually in more detail.

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .5 fl.oz./ 15ml. The brushes are medium sized and flexible. The brush tips in Dark Skull and Cursed Cat were slightly uneven, but not to the point where they were a hindrance.


(The first two I have to show you are from the limited edition Halloween 2014 Collection)

Dark Skull is described as a "charcoal gray holographic with blue shimmer". The holo is very strong as you can see in the sunlight, so the shimmer doesn't pop out. It is subtly visible in the shade though. The formula is of the usual syrupy consistency for holos. It was really easy to work with and evened out without much effort. This is two coats, plus topcoat.



Cursed Cat is described as a "medium holographic purple with micro sapphire hex glitter". This is the exact shade of purple, which leans blue, that I think of with Halloween. To be honest, I didn't even notice any glitter in it until I was trying to remove it. The formula was slightly thinner here. The first coat applied more thinly than I expected, but I had it evened out with good coverage by the second one. Shown here is two coats, plus topcoat.



Bling! is described as a "clear base full of micro holographic silver glitter"Do I need to describe how amazing this is? It's absolutely blinding! The formula is packed full of glitter and applies generously. I got good coverage in just two coats. Shown with topcoat.


I just had to include a blurry rainbow shot. Aa! My freakin' eyes!


Mercury is from the When The Plants Align Collection, which are all multi-chrome holographic topcoats (I like to think of them more as overcoats). Mercury is described as "shifting from brownish red to purple". It is my favorite of the bunch! This polish is meant to be layered over another opaque polish. Shown here is one coat over black, plus clear topcoat. It was a little thicker than expected, but after a couple of nails I got the hang of how to spread it around evenly.



Each polish retails for $10 and can be purchased at coloresdecarol.bigcartel.com. Dark Skull and Cursed Cat are limited edition and there are just a few left. There was a small restock of them today but won't be sold after they're gone. So I would hop to it if you want to get your hands on either one!

Colores de Carol
Instagram

Which is you favorite? I am not always a fan of multi-chromes but I am in love with the effect of Mercury!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!