Monday, January 14, 2019

Nail Polish Society's January Spotlight: Colores de Carol


Hello Society Sisters! Today's post is the beginning of a new blog series- a monthly brand spotlight! Each month will include an interview with the maker, sprinkled with swatches of my favorite polishes, and extra fun tid bits. For January I chose to spotlight the wonderfully talented Carolina of Colores de Carol. I have a special place in my heart for her because after a full year of blogging she was the first brand to take a chance on me and send me PR. It was hugely encouraging, especially after it went well enough that she wanted to work with me a second time. Over these years I have loved seeing her brand grow and evolve. I get so excited when her packages arrive, she keeps creating so many gorgeous polishes! Let's meet Carolina..



Tell us a little about yourself-

My name is Carolina I am a wife and mother of two. I am from Venezuela and I currently reside in Connecticut. One of my new hobbies is planners and anything planning related.



Tell us about your brand. Is there anything that sets you apart?

Colores de Carol started 6 years ago. I am not too different from most other indies, I just have a crippling addiction to nail polish.


Colores de Carol Whirlpool


When did your love for polish begin?

Ever since I was a young girl I always had a liking for nail polish and I started my own blog in 2010, doing reviews for companies and indies. I had many ideas for colors in my mind so I finally decided to make my own polishes in 2013.


Colores de Carol Candy Kisses


How did you make the leap into creating your own brand?

Just starting! Of course it was daunting at first but with hard work we got the ball rolling.



Colores de Carol Feliz Año


Do you have a dedicated space for your polish making? Can you tell us about it?

My living room! As crazy as it sounds it does the job!


Colores de Carol 50K


What is your favorite part of your job?

Mixing ingredients and creating seasonal collections. 


Colores deCarol Single Lady

Colores de Carol The Girl From NYC



What’s your least favorite part?

Naming the polishes.


*Carolina might not find the most enjoyment in naming polishes, but I do! Here are three collections of hers that I helped name:






One of my favorite shades from the Romantique collection-
Colores de Carol Coquette




Can you pick a favorite shade of yours? Or collection?

I can't pick a favorite but "Slappy's Tie" has a special place in my heart.

Colores de Carol Slappy's Tie


Was there a specific polish or collection that “put you on the map” so to speak?

I think the 2017 Halloween collection where I released Slappy's Tie and The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight really grabbed peoples attention.


Colores de Carol S'mores With A Twist


Is there someone who inspires you?

I admire all the indie makers, whom I know put their hearts and souls into the polishes they create.

Colores de Carol Nancy


What can we expect from you in the future? Are there any goals your aiming toward?

I would love to make polishes for many more years. I have also considered branching out into local stores and salons.

Colores de Carol Wizard Lizard



Extra tid bits and thoughts:

*My first PR post was also my first experience with indie linear holographics. I was nervous because my only other one I'd tried was from China Glaze and the formula was hard to work with. Thank goodness indies do it better!

*Starting with that post, back when I didn't have much to review I photographed all of my holographic polishes outside. This meant chasing the sun, trying to time my swatching just right, and being out in the extreme heat and cold. Eventually that became unsustainable!

*I just have to add that Carolina might say that 
she is "not too different from most other indies", but I would disagree. Her polishes are so diverse and she has a solid handle on every kind of finish- holographic, flakie, neon, glitter crelly, glitter topper, jelly, magnetic, thermal, etc, etc. All this while she still keeps up her own blog!


Thank you Carolina for giving us a little peek into your world! I hope you all enjoyed the beginning of my new series. Let me know what brands you would like to see spotlighted in the future as well as any questions you want me to ask!

Thanks so much for reading! Stay tuned for tomorrow's post where I have Colores de Carol's 6th Anniversary Trio and Valentine's Duo! To keep up on her new releases follow the social channels below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!