Friday, January 4, 2019

Emily de Molly January Releases



Hello my lovely Society Sisters! Today I have the first Emily de Molly releases of the year! As usual for my EdM review I have eight new shades to share in a wide variety in colors and finishes. The formulas were all nice and I didn't have any issues. Some of these shades I REALLY liked, and one was a surprise favorite! Let's take a look.. 



Vexed is a light brown holo with green to pink foil type shimmer and silver micro glitters. This is a unique neutral shade with lots of subtleties. Shown is two coats plus top coat.




Revolving Door is a dark brown holo with copper flakes, copper  micro glitters and a gold/copper magnetic effect. The warm tones of the copper are so pretty and it magnetized pretty well. Shown is two coats plus top coat.




Birthday Project is a medium blue crelly with copper and iridescent blue glitters. Oh yes, my crelly loving heart! Love the color combo and it applied nicely. Shown is two coats plus top coat. (LIMITED TO ONE LARGE BATCH) 




Trips Abroad is a bright sunflower yellow/orange with iridescent flakes and gold micro glitters. This was my surprise favorite! Yellows don't usually look good on me but this shade was actually kind of flattering. SHOCKED! I almost stopped at two coats but it looked brighter with one more. Shown is three coats plus top coat.




Heated Discussions is a saturated red base with gold and pink shimmers and an orange/red magnetic effect. I couldn't get the magnet effect as strong as the other one but it still turned out pretty. Shown is two coats plus top coat. (LIMITED TO ONE LARGE BATCH)




Midnight Mermaid is a dark blue with green shimmer and blue iridescent flakes. This has a deep and mysterious quality to it. The flakes take some pushing around to apply evenly, but it wasn't that much effort. Shown is two coats plus top coat.




Leave It To Me is a purple base with a pink to copper shimmer and metallic silver flakes. This reminds me of some of my favorite OPI shimmer shades. So beautiful! Shown is two coats plus top coat.





Opposite Order is a brown base with turquoise blue to purple foil shifting shimmer. This formula is very smooth and reflective, similar to Sea of Lies and Save Your Boredom. This one doesn't excite me in the same way but Hayley hinted that she'll be making more of these foil shimmer shades! Shown is two coats plus top coat.


Launching January, Wednesday the 9th at 10am AEDT (Australian site) www.emilydemolly.com.au January, Tuesday the 8th at 6pm EST (USA and international site) www.emilydemolly.com 


Emily de Molly



What do you think of these new shades? My top picks would have to be Trips Abroad, Leave it to Me, Revolving Door, and Birthday Project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!