Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Dermelect 'ME' 2016 Unearthed Collection



Hey there! Today I'm excited to share with you a review of a new-to-me brand, Dermelect. I've seen the brand at Ulta before, but not knowing much about it I've never taken the opportunity to test out their polishes. When they reached out to me I was eager to review this collection because not only do I love the color palette, but I was impressed with their partnership with the non-profit group Trees for the Future (trees.org).  For every polish sold from this collection now until April 2017, Dermelect will plant one tree, with a minimum of 10,000 planted! The collection is made up of six shades and I was sent three of them. Let's take a look!

"The Unearthed Collection was inspired by the colors of the season, which are drawn from various elements of nature, including lava, copper, soil and bright foliage."

.

Formula and application: Dermelect polishes are 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor) and Cruelty free. It contains a key ingredient, Keratin Protein Peptide, for strengthening nails. The formula was high quality and application was really nice and smooth.

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .4 fl.oz./ 11ml. The brushes are medium length and width. One of the brushes was not cut totally clean, but the other two were just fine.


Verdure is a deep khaki green creme. It had a great formula that self leveled well and dries shiny. The was two coats with top coat.



Diggin' You a cool chocolatey brown creme. It had the same formula as the first. This was two coats with top coat.



What a Gem a pale sheer pink with strong golden shimmer. This one also applied very nicely. I liked that it wasn't brushstrokey with that amount of shimmer. It was more sheer so I needed three coats for full opacity. Shown with top coat.



The 'ME' 2016 Unearthed Collection is available now and retails for $14/each through www.dermelect.com.


Dermelect



Have you tried Dermelect before? What do you think of these shades? I'd love to know what you think in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!