Tuesday, July 16, 2019

The Holo Hookup August 2019: Great Outdoors


Hello lovely Society Sisters! Once upon a time, summer was my favorite season and I was loathe to see it end. Now that I'm old and curmudgeonly I am celebrating it being halfway over! August's The Holo Hookup box theme is "Great Outdoors", which I plan on enjoying more of once the weather cools down. For now it's one of two options- the swimming pool or inside with the AC cranked up. This month's box features limited shades from the three permanent indie brands- Cupcake PolishDifferent Dimensionand Glisten & Glow- with guest brand Noodles Nail Polish!


Cupcake Polish "Force of Nature" is an emerald green linear holographic nail polish pakced with a rainbow of multichrome metallic flakies. This shade screams "Christmas tree!" to me. If you love green, you'll really enjoy this rich emerald. Shown is two coats plus top coat.






For this look I used UberChic Beauty Lovely Leaves 2 stamping plate, Essie Penny Talk, Painted Polish Stamped in Mustard and Stamped in Greenery 2.0, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri White on Time.


Different Dimension "Chasing Waterfalls" is a periwinkle blue creme linear holographic with UCC flakies, orange/pink/gold color shifting iridescent flakies and iridescent color shifting glitters. I absolutely love the combo of colors and glitter elements! I can't get that song out of my head though. Shown is two coats plus top coat.






For this look I used Hehe 09 stamping plate, Essie Penny Talk, Painted Polish Deux 2.0, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri White on Time.


Glisten & Glow "Gone Glamping" is an orchid linear holographic with purple/green/gold flakes and pink/orange/purple flakes. A sheer but very smooth formula that builds up nicely. Shown is three thin coats plus top coat.






For this look I used UberChic Beauty Pretty in Plaid, Painted Polish Stamped in Cinderelly and Deux 2.0


Noodles Nail polish "Take A Hike" is a dusty teal blue holo crelly with bronze microflakies, copper shimmer, gold, copper, caramel, and aqua metallic glitters and holo copper glitters. The bottle shot makes it look a little busier than it does on the nail. Shown is two coats plus top coat.






For this look I used Maniology BM-S163 stamping plate, Girly Bits It's Definitely Him, Painted Polish Stamped in Taupe, and OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh?

The box will be available for preorder July 21 9pm EST- July 28 9pm EST.

The Holo Hookup



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!