Thursday, January 28, 2016

Paint All The Nails Presents Pantone Color Of The Year


Hello lovelies! Today the ladies and I from Paint All The Nails are coming together once again for our monthly themed nail art linkup. Are you as excited as I am? Well let's get right to it! This month's theme is "Pantone Color Of The Year". This year there were actually two Pantone colors chosen. The colors are Rose Quartz and Serenity, otherwise know as pink and blue :P.

The nail art I came up with was inspired by an outfit of my daughter's. I wanted to do something baby related, given the colors. When I found this rose pattern I knew it was the perfect fit. I used three of the new China Glaze polishes from their House Of Color collection. The shades are beautiful but the formulas were not so great. But I still made it work! For the blue stems and leaves I used acrylic paint. I added a little black and white polish to get the highlights and shading of the roses. I like the end result but am determined to perfect my roses. When I painted them on I got to the point where I thought they looked amazing. Top coat usually makes everything better, but in the case of my roses it ruins all the details and texture. To not overwhelm the floral pattern I added some sweet little dots on my pinky. Then for some over-the-top cuteness I finished the look with this chunky pearl and rhinestone bow.


What do you think of the final result? I'm a little in love with its sugary sweetness!


What I used:
China Glaze Spring In My Step- light pink
China Glaze Don't Be Shallow- blue
China Glaze Pink Or Swim- medium pink
blue acrylic paints
bow stud from Born Pretty Store




Want to see what the other ladies came up with for their Pantone manis? I know I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!