Wednesday, January 13, 2016

G.N.O.M.E. Box January 2016



Hey there! I have some gorgeous polishes to show you that I just acquired a few days ago. These three polishes are part of January's G.N.O.M.E. (Glitter Nerds Of Magical Existence) Box. I had never heard of this box before, I had gnome idea it existed. Apparently it is a regular collaboration with the makers Stardust Polish and Rica. I got turned onto this box because of the guest collaborator this month, Philly Loves Lacquer. The PLL polish was too stunning not to notice! I've tried the brand before and was pretty sure it would be a win (I swatched her Spring collection last year). I have been wanting to try more indie brands this year and I thought this would be a great chance to check out a couple more. These don't officially go on sale until Friday the 15th, but they had a kind of pre-sale on Saturday and I bought mine then. I was super impressed that they arrived in the mail two days later!


Gnome Man Is An Island by Rica- It is described as "a sea green holo with micro chrome flakies and tiny purple and green glitters". There is so much going on in this shade, in such a delicate way! I love the name as it is a favorite saying of mine (minus the gnome part). The formula was flawless and this was two easy coats plus top coat. Shown in direct sunlight.



Gnome Mercy by Stardust Polish is another great formula. This is described as a "denim blue holo with scattered micro silver holo glitters". I don't feel like this looks denim on the nail, but it sort of does in the bottle. This is a little turquoise leaning. Whatever it is, it's really pretty and the application was great. Two really smooth coats plus top coat. Shown in direct sunlight.



Make Gnome Mistakes by Philly Loves Lacquer is a full coverage purple micro glitter with silver holo. The bling! Oh the bling is so sparkletastic in this polish! The glitter in this is extra-micro and applied really smoothly and evenly. The first coat goes on a little sheer but I had perfect coverage after a second coat. All I needed was one layer of top coat as the glitter was not top coat hungry. Shown in direct sunlight.


A blurry photo for a good look at all the rainbow!

Overall I am super happy that I very impulsively bought this box. The shipping was crazy fast, the formulas were fabulous and the shades are all gorgeous. I also had the added pleasure of trying two new-to-me brands!

All three shades are exclusive to this set that retails at $24 plus shipping. There was a preorder earlier, so the sets are limited to only 15 left for sale on Friday the 15th at 8pm EST, available only on Rica's Etsy store. You might want to set your alarms for it because once they are gone, they're gone. There will be gnome more.



Bonus joke. This one's by me- What do you call a gnome that rides the subway? A metro-gnome! Bah-dum-ching!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!