Monday, June 16, 2014

Scottish Festival and Highland Games


This weekend my family and I had a fun time at the annual Highland Games held here. The weather was perfect (it was strangely cold for the middle of June but eventually warmed up), so we were able to spend a few hours there. We listened to bagpipes, watched a dancing competition, my son battled a medieval knight, and did a little shopping too. Last year my husband picked up a kilt, a Douglas Clan tartan. This year we shopped to find a sporran to go with it.

Of course I had to have nails appropriate for the festival, so this is what I came up with.


The designs on my mani are representing the Scottish flag, Scottish thistle, and a random plaid pattern I made up. I originally wanted to try and improve on my Tartan nails that I did last year, but I forgot my plan until the last minute had to come up with this instead.

I'd have to say the best part of the festival is watching the games and all the burly men who compete. :)
There was even a world record set here, I just can't remember what it was..
 Mmm..burly men.


 I love seeing these old men in their regalia. 

 More burly men!

 My husband's new sporran. Don't tell him I put this picture in here..


What I used:
Formula X Beacon- blue
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Mint Sprint- green
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Sephora by OPI Casanova Is So Into Me- mauve


Are there any festivals that you plan on attending this summer? What's your favorite part? If you do nails to match, I would love to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!