Wednesday, September 25, 2013

33 Day Challenge Day 02: Your Most Used Color Polish

It's a good thing that I didn't start today's mani until late in the day. I wasn't sure about the specifics of the prompt. Deb who is running the challenge on her blog The Crumpet, clarified what she had intended. She explained that she meant an actual polish color. I struggled trying to figure out what single polish I use the most. The most used ever? In the past five years? This year? I have noticed that in the last two plus months since I have started my blog, I've incorporated Sephora by OPI What's a Tire Jack? in a multitude of manicures. So I'm going with it.




Ever since I did my Red Matte and Glossy post I've been wanting to do this manicure. I love it! It's something I could wear practically any day. I especially love how easy it is. I just painted on a couple of coats of the polish and topped it with Seche Vite. The top coat helped it to dry faster and to give a glossy shine. Then I used my striping brush dipped in a matte top coat and brushed on the lines. That was it!



I love that it's subtle, but has a little edge to it.



What I used:
Sephora by OPI What's a Tire Jack?
Seche Vite top coat (shiny)
China Glaze Matte Magic top coat


I have a few different black polishes but this seems to be the one I reach for the most? Anyone have a favorite go-to black polish? What do you like about it?

7 comments:

  1. Whoa! I love it! It's so easy, even I could probably do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks cool. Very simple but equally as cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woops sorry! posted on the wrong account :) but I said:
    The typical mani that you would see with this design is the glossy part as stripes. I think you did a great job having the stripes matte instead! (:

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!