Wednesday, September 25, 2013

31DC2013 Day 25: Inspired by Fashion

To be honest, I wasn't super excited about today. I guess it's hard to get excited about fashion when you hang out in your sweatpants all day. Every day. I mean, I do change into my jeans when I leave the house, but that's about it.
Once I started searching for my fashion inspiration I suddenly found a TON of designs I wanted to do. Before I made it any harder to choose I made myself stop browsing, and went with the one that stood out the most. Rest assured, I will be doing more fashion inspired manicures in the future!




I love the pastel colors paired with black. It's sweet and sexy.


I started off with a yellow base color and topped it with Seche Vite to speed up the drying time. Then I put a couple pieces of striping tape on each nail. I applied the blue between the cuticles and tape, removing the tape immediately. Repeating the process, I applied black polish from the tape to tip. I finished it off with another coat of Seche Vite. I loved the glossy look, especially on the black. To be more true to the dress I added a matte top coat to mimic its duller color of black.

Here's what it looked like before the matte coat:



What I used:
Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams- blue
Jenna Hipp Tweet Me- yellow
Sephora by OPI What's a Tire Jack?- black
Seche Vite top coat
China Glaze Matte Magic top coat

Only six more days of the Challenge left! I've been so inspired by everyone else participating. Thanks everyone for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that you were able to match the colors so exactly! And I actually like it matte better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moment I saw it I knew exactly what polishes I had that would match!

      Delete
  2. I almost always like the shiny finish, but this one HAD to be matte. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!