Thursday, September 26, 2013

31DC2013 Day 26: Inspired by a Pattern

I patterned (haha!) my nails today after the Douglas tartan. That is the clan that my husband's maternal side descended from. So this is a little shout out to them. Holla.


So.. free-handing this many lines is REALLY hard. Maybe I should have practiced more. Ah, if only I had more time! I tried thinning out the green with some acetone on my paint pallet. I've never tried it before and I guess I need a lot more acetone? I'll have to experiment more to find out. 




Straight lines are not easy when you are deliriously tired. 


With my husband's kilt. That brighter blue color is more of a purple-blue in real life. I don't have a polish in that shade (yet), so I left it out. When I do this again, because I'm determined to make it look awesome, I will try to incorporate that color. Then I will have the rockin'est nails at the Highland Games next year!




What I used:
OPI Dating a Royal- blue
Sephora by OPI I Come in Peas-green
It's So Easy Stripe Rite in white
China Glaze Matte Magic top coat


The Douglas clan's crest has a flaming salamander on it. How cool is that? I had hoped to have time to work it into the mani... maybe next time!

Thanks for reading! Tomorrow's nails should be pretty cool!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm a Douglas too! :-D Instead of acetone, you could always buy some polish thinner--there's a bunch available on Amazon, and Sally Beauty as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you ever have Blogger erase your comments after they've already been published? Arg, how frustrating. Anyway I had replied earlier:
      How cool! Represent! Haha :). Did you recognize the pattern? Thanks for the tip, I will have to try the polish thinner next time.

      Delete

I love to hear your comments!