Friday, October 7, 2016

Colores de Carol Halloween 2016 + Breast Cancer Awareness Duo


It's a Halloween heavy week here at Nail Polish Society. Today's post is a review of Colores de Carol Halloween 2016 Collection, plus a Breast Cancer Awareness Duo. I am leaving for a trip out of town today, so I'm going to get right to it!


Formula and application:
Colores de Carol polishes are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). Great formula on all of these polishes, no issues with application.

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .5 fl.oz./ 15ml. The brushes are skinny and round. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 



Vampire Nightmare is a dark brownish red holographic with gold glitter and holo flakes. This shade got me drooling just a little, I am SO in love! Seriously if you are a brown polish lover like me you NEED this one! This was two coats, plus top coat.



Morticia is a deep violet holographic with blue shimmer, micro holo glitter and holo flakes. It's a beautiful midnight color that borders right between blue and purple. This was two coats plus top coat.



Chimera is a semi metallic orange holographic with orange holo glitter and micro holo flakes. This had a pretty golden quality in person that doesn't translate as well in photos. It's a really unique shade to my collection. This was two coats, no top coat.



The Glitter Phantom is a sparkly clear base packed with white, orange, green and black glitters. I received a pouch of black bats with this polish and it made it super easy to individually place each one using tweezers. The bats are somewhat large so you want to apply them to the flatt    est parts of your nails. This is one coat over OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, plus top coat.




Breast Cancer Awareness Duo


Resilience is a mauve pink holo with rose gold micro flakes and iridescent micro glitter. This has a metallic-y appearance to it and I feel like I have a few shades like this in my collection. The formula is really nice and this is two coats, no top coat.



Esperanza (Hope) is a sparkly baby pink crelly base with pink and red glitters. I don't wear glitter crellies like this enough, but when I do I love them. I really like this shade of pink, it reminds me of ice cream. Another great formula, this was three thin coats plus top coat. 


Each polish retails for $11, or $40 if you purchase the Halloween collection. The Breast Cancer Awareness Duo is $20 if purchased together, and part of the proceeds go to a local cancer charity, The Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation, in Connecticut.  Make sure to use my code NPSOCIETY for 10% off your order!

Colores de Carol


What do you think of these shades? Do you have a favorite? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!