Friday, July 22, 2016

ABC Challenge: L is for Layered


Hello friends! Today is another installment of the ABC Challenge and I love what I've come up with! I really had no idea what to do for the letter "L". Well actually I had lots of ideas, but nothing concrete. I was playing around with the Pipe Dream Polish Tie Dye Jellies that I received a couple weeks ago and ended up with this layered water marble look. Ding! A layered design wasn't one of my original ideas, but it fit so well.

I previously used these polishes for the letter J- jelly (post here). You can see that the colors appear lot brighter in that water marble than they are here. For this mani I again used a white base before I did my first water marble (verticle) and the colors were pretty bright. I really should have taken photos throughout the process, but I didn't think of that until later! Over that first water marble I applied a coat of glitter polish for added visual interest. Then I did my second water marble (horizontal) on top. The jelly colors layered over each other created a little bit of a muddied, Easter egg appearance.




What I used:
Pipe Dream Polish Bell-Bottoms- blue
Pipe Dream Polish Hippy Chick- pink
Pipe Dream Polish Lava Lamp- orange
Pipe Dream Polish Punch Buggy- yellow
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Strobe Light- glitter


So what do you think? I looked at my nails about a million times before I took these off. I've never seen this layered jelly water marble technique before, have you? There are so many possibilities. I wonder what it would look like with a third layer..

Check out the links below to see more letter "L" inspired creations!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!