Friday, July 12, 2013

Dress Inspired Nail Art

I did this mani a couple of weeks ago. It's my first nail art attempt ever! (Prediction: you will be seeing a lot of "firsts" from me in the months to follow.) I ordered a brush set off of Amazon, but I am still waiting for it to arrive. I'm starting to get really impatient! Since I was sans brushes I used one end of my cuticle pusher tool. I really love the mauve and grey colors in this fabric and they inspired me to create my own flowers. I didn't want my nails to look too busy using all the colors, so I simplified the palette and I was happy with the overall results.


The base color is Sephora by OPI Tweet You Later
The colors in the flowers are:
Sephora by OPI Pale is the New Tan (pale cream)
Essie Chinchilly (greige, love this color!!)
Essie Angora Cardi (deep, dusty mauve)
Essie Madison Ave-hue (bright pink)



My right hand was much more of a challenge. I just pretended like I meant it to look that way.


I'm looking forward to my next nail art attempt!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You did that by hand? That's amazing. Especially since it was your first time. You've got some serious skillz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, my 4 year old, and I LOVE this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!