Thursday, April 14, 2016

China Glaze Lite Brites Butterflies


Hiya everyone! I have some bright and bold butterfly wing nails for you today. I recently ordered the entire China Glaze Lite Brites summer collection (I never buy whole collections!) and am having fun playing with these polishes. I will have swatches of the collection in the coming week. But for now, nail art!

Another recent purchase of mine was this MoYou London stamping plate with butterfly wing patterns. I've been wanting to try it out and I thought these colors would work perfectly. While the colors look awesome, the glass fleck formula of the deeper orange is impossible to sponge on for a gradient. I knew that, yet tried my best anyway. I ended up applying both a sponge gradient, and directly painting the polish on the nail to get good opacity. I knew the glass fleck would look so pretty, so it was totally worth it!


After I stamped on the wing patterns I added some white dots with polish and a dual ended dotting tool.


What I used:
China Glaze None Of Your Risky Business- neon orange
China Glaze Papa Don't Peach- glass fleck orange
Konad Special Polish black
MoYou London Kitty 13 stamping plate


The only other time I have done a butterfly wing nail was in this Garden Critters mani, in which I also used a China Glaze glass fleck polish. There is a gorgeous purple in the same formula also in the Lite Brites summer collection. I may just have to do another butterfly mani with that one too! What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!