Thursday, June 4, 2015

ALIQUID Lacquer Partial Austentatious Collection



I've waited for sooo long to post these photos. I know, I seem a little flaky (haha, get it? Hint: look at the nail polish) lately, I'm sorry. BUT I have three good reasons:
  1. We had about three solid weeks of rain with unpredicatable sunshine (making direct sunlight photos difficult impossible).
  2. I'm in the middle of Part 1 of a two part move. After living in our two-room condo for almost 12 years we are looking for something bigger because...
  3. I'm pregnant! This is number three for us. So for a couple months there I had been sick and tired. I'm over the nausea, and now I'm just tired and stupid (making writing 100x harder than it already is for me).
I don't know what the rest of my blogging year is going to look like. Most likely a little sporadic. Right now I'm just taking it one day at a time. But hey, some things just take a higher priority than my blog, as much as I love it. Thank you to all my lovely readers who haven't given up on me!


Okay, enough about me and more about the nail polish. I have three of the five polishes from ALIQUID Lacquer's Austentatious Collection. This collection is inspired by the women of Pride and Prejudice, hence the very clever name. Alison has a knack for making collections based on my favorite things! Maybe her next one will be about chocolate and kittens..

Formula and Application: As expected from this brand, the formula was smooth and easy to work with. Application was easy, with just a little more care given to Fine Eyes due to the chunkier glitter. 


Young Lady of Deep Reflection (Mary Bennet) is described as "a light muted tan with ultrachrome flakies in pink, purple, green, blue and gold."  Great formula, and a really unique nude. Two coats, no top coat.




Cough as Much as You Choose (Kitty Bennet) is described as "pale minty blue with white and blue glass flecks, pink shimmer, and ultrachrome flakies in green, blue and purple." Again, great formula. This blue is just so gorgeous! Two coats, no top coat.




Fine Eyes (Elizabeth Bennet) is described as "a coffee brown jelly with orange-green and green-blue iridescent glitter and a mix of ultrachrome flakies in gold, green and blue." I must apologize for the photos here. Indoors I thought my application looked really good, but for the photos I really should have done a third coat. Point is, this shade is prettier than my photos show. Two coats, no top coat.




Lastly I have ALIQUID's handmade scented lip balm in Earl Grey. Isn't that the perfect pairing with this collection? I was skeptical about the scent because I am not a fan of Earl Grey tea. It turned out to have a very lovely citrus fragrance with just the right amount, not too overpowering. I was pleasantly surprised.


The Austentatious collection can be purchased from the ALIQUID Lacquer Shop. Each polish is priced at $12 for full size (15ml) and $5.50 for a mini (5ml). The lip balm is priced at $2.50.

Follow ALIQUID Lacquer on Facebook and Instagram to stay up-to-date on new products and discounts. Want sneak peeks and interaction with other ALIQUID fans? Join the Facebook fan page!


Who else is a fan of P&P? That would be my favorite Austen book, with Persuasion coming in second.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!