Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31DC2014 Day 31: Honor Nails You Love- Very Emily's Floral Houndstooth Nails


Hallelujah! I did it! I'm done! *Cue Chariots of Fire* I have come to the end of my second 31 Day Challenge both totally exhausted and energized. 

For the last Challenge prompt, Honor Nails You Love, I chose this Floral Houndstooth mani by my darling friend Emily of Very Emily. I totally gushed over Emily's nails when I saw her post, and I immediately knew that I would have to try and recreate them. I am so in love! I think this one ends the Challenge with a bang, don't you?


These cute, preppy nails would go with anything. If I were stuck with one mani for life, and could choose which one, this would be a real contender.


Did you know that rule #12 of being a nail blogger is that you have to love Cath Kidston? Emily must be well aware of the rule, because that is what inspired her original mani. I find it hilarious that my Day 31 Honor Nails You Love post last year was also a Cath Kidston mani!! I didn't plan that at all. I guess it just was meant to be. 



What I used:
Zoya Dove- gray
Konad Special Polish white
Sinful Colors Island Coral- medium coral
OPI Tropical Punch- deep coral
Sinful Colors Easy Going- light pink
China Glaze Shore Enuff- green
It's So Easy Stripe Rite black
DRK-A large stamping plate


What do you think of my recreation? If you're not following Very Emily yet, I would amend that right away! She has the most beautiful nail polish swatches that will make you want to buy every. single. polish. Go find her on Facebook, Instagram, or Bloglovin'.

Are you sad that the Challenge has finally ended? I'm looking forward to getting some more sleep! Stay tuned for my 31 Day Challenge round up post in case you missed anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!