Monday, October 13, 2014

Shimmer Polish Swatches and Review



Hey there everyone! Today I have for you swatches of my very first and newly acquired Shimmer Polishes to show you. Shimmer Polish is an indie brand made in California, and consists of glitter, glitter, and more glitter! Each one I have to show you is densely packed with glitter which means they not only can be layered on top of other polishes, but can be worn alone. I chose to just show you the glitter on it's own.


Formula and Application: The glitter was densely packed and applied evenly. There was no fishing for glitters issues. The glitters were all high quality with no curling on the larger glitters. They all laid flat on the nail easily, with the exception of Tammy which had a slightly different texture with the bar glitters. The suspension base is a good, thin consistency.

Bottle and Brush: The bottle cap was the only thing I had issues with. Something about the shorter handle made it difficult for me and my big man hands to open. If you have regular sized hands it is not likely to be a problem. The brush is thin, pliable, cut evenly and distributed the glitters well.

I've had my eye on Shimmer Polish for some time and was so excited to finally try some. I know I'll be using these again in the future. Let's take a look at the swatches:


Nichole has a patriotic feel with silver holographic, red, and blue glitters in clear base. It looks like Old Glory on steroids. This is three coats, plus topcoat. 





Courtney is the only one that looked much different in the bottle than on the nail. What appeared in the bottle as copper glitters is actually the red base of the polish. I am assuming this is the updated version of Courtney? Because the pictures and description on the website are much different. The finished result was a surprise, but I really like it. It contains red, blue, green, purple and gold glitters. This is two coats, with topcoat.





Jasmine is a lovely mermaid shade. It is made up of aqua, light blue, red, copper, gold, and silver glitters in a clear base. There are no big glitters in this one which gives it a more delicate feel. This is three coats, plus topcoat.





Jennifer is a soft and pretty combination of colors that was the hardest for me to capture. It is made up of lilac, aqua, periwinkle, copper, gold, and black glitters in a clear base. This is three coats, plus topcoat.





Tammy was the most interesting combination of colors and shapes for me. It has black, purple, red, blue, gold holographic, and gold hex and bar glitters in a clear base.  This is the only polish that the glitters didn't lay as flush with the nail because of the bar glitters. I did really like the visual interest that it gave the overall effect though. This is two coats, plus topcoat.
I also love the name of this polish because I had a roommate named Tammy that was a really sweet friend. She was great at giving me rides everywhere back before I had a car. :)


Each bottle retails for $12, and can be purchased at the Shimmer Polish shop
Connect with Shimmer Polish on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest


What do you think? I don't think I've ever used the word "glitter" so much at one time! Do you have a favorite? Any other Shimmer shades you love that I should check out?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!