Saturday, October 18, 2014

Some En-Haunted Evening


Hello my lovely ladies! You might remember that Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday. Last year I did a few Halloween themed manis here, here, and here. This year though, I was struggling to come up with something I was excited about. As much as I love the holiday, there are images associated with it that I don't care to wear on my nails. I am not a fan of gore or the horror genre in general. Finally I came up with a design that was the opposite of creepy and gross- pretty and feminine. I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out!


For this mani I started with a black base on each nail. Next I used my DRK-A stamping plate for the spiderwebs. Then I used my small detailing brush and free handed some roses with a few different shades of purple. I then dabbed tiny spots of glitter on top of the leaves. The glitter is Shimmer Polish Jennifer that I recently swatched. I love how it looked over the black!


I love how dark yet romantic these nails are. They feel like something Morticia from the Addams Family could wear if she got into nail art.


What I used:
China Glaze Liquid Leather- black
China Glaze In a Lily Bit- lavendar
Jenna Hipp Ain't Life Grape?- orchid purple
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear B-right On!- lime green
Konad Special Polish- white


What do you think of the gothic romance look? Is it Halloween-y enough for you? I think it's pretty enough to wear anytime of year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!