Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Limited Edition Cinnamon Swirl from Clinique Party Pretty Makeup Gift Set


Every year Clinique comes out with a makeup gift set for the holiday season that is an AMAZING deal. This year's set is extra special because it includes a gorgeous limited edition nail polish, Cinnamon Swirl. I bought the Clinique Party Pretty Makeup Gift Set because of the full sized eye cream, one that I use every day. But honestly, the polishaholic in me almost could have justified the purchase because of the tiny 4ml nail polish alone. 



A Different Enamel For Sensitive Skins Cinnamon Swirl is a deep red brown shade with red and bronze/golden shimmer. With its depth and warmth, this is a quintessential fall shade that was very flattering on me. A Different Enamel For Sensitive Skins polishes are designed to be one coaters, so application is on the thick side with high pigmentation. I still did two coats here to guarantee evenness, plus topcoat.


I chose to only swatch the nail polish because 1) that's what I was the most excited about, 2) I don't have much experience swatching makeup and 3) I want to keep the makeup untouched so I can use them as presents. So I will just mention the other products included:
  • Limited Edition All About Shadow 6-Pan Palette, left to right, shade from Buttered Toast duo, shade from Neutral Territory duo, shade from Morning Java quad, Champagne (the only shade exclusive to this palette. It also is not the same as the Champagne single shade that was discontinued last year), shade from Beach Plum duo, and Chocolate Covered Cherry (which is available as a single)
  • Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Grandest Grape, 0.8 oz. / 3g. I have this shade and it is very flattering against my pale skin.
  • High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara in Extreme Black, .28 oz. / 10ml. It has very short bristles and lays a lot of mascara down in just one swipe. This is not my favorite Clinique mascara. It has a very wet formula, and I prefer mine to be more tacky.
  • Quickliner For Eyes Intense in Intense Sable, .01 oz. / .14g. A pretty, warm brown with a subtle shimmer. The application is buttery smooth and lost lasting. Unfortunately I am allergic to all the Quickliner For Eyes Intense liners. Sad!
  • Limited Edition A Different Nail Enamel For Sensitive Skins mini in Cinnamon Swirl, 14 fl. oz. / 4ml. A "full size" by the way, is only .3 fl. oz/ 9 ml.
  • All About Eyes 0.5 oz. / 15ml. This is my favorite Clinique eye cream because of its cream/gel texture that absorbs quickly. I have to point out that online they have this labeled as "All About Eyes mini", but it is in fact full size. 
  • Cosmetics Bag. This one is cuter than most, in my opinion. 


I will reiterate what a great value this is by breaking down the FULL SIZE items:

FULL SIZE All About Eyes eye cream, $31 value
FULL SIZE High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara, $19.50 value
FULL SIZE Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Grandest Grape, $17 value

All together the set retails for $39.50 with a $113.50 value.

I purchased this set at Macy's because they had their Fall Gift With Purchase (should still be available this week). 
The set is available at Clinique.com, as well as other retailers.


Is this set a must have for you? Would it be worth it just to own Cinnamon Swirl?


*I am employed by Clinique but all products were purchased by me, 
and I was in no way compensated for this post


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!