Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Hugs For Emily


Today I have a special mani for you- Myself and a few other bloggers are recreating manis done by Very Emily. We want to show Emily our love and support for a difficult time she's going through right now. Living on opposite sides of the world means I can't give her moral support in person. So I'm taking this opportunity to reach out and show her how much I admire and care about her. Here is my attempt at honoring one of my favorites, Very Emily's Summer Ikat Nails



I considered doing my own interpretation of the mani. But because I am so in love with the original, I stayed as true to it as I could. Even though Emily used a neon pinkish shade, the photos leaned toward red. So I just used a red color myself because I think it looks so good. For the Ikat design I used my It's So Easy Stripe Rite and free handed the shapes.


This was my first ever Ikat design. I've been meaning to try it for a while now, but it's always a little intimidating every time I try something new. I'm loving it! What do you think?


What I used:
Jenna Hipp Just One Bite- red
Sinful Colors Snow Me White- white
China Glaze Liquid Leather- black
It's So Easy Stripe Rite black


Emily, I hope you can feel how much we love you and appreciate your friendship. I wish there were more I could do to help you through. I hope this at least puts a smile on your face. ((((((HUGS)))))))


See the other bloggers who are sending hugs for Emily:
Chalkboard Nails (thank you Sarah for organizing this!)


As I've said before, if you're not following Very Emily, you're seriously missing out! Show her some love:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!