Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Native War Paints Labyrinth Collection

Hey everyone! Today I have another partial collection review to share with you, four of the eight piece Native War Paints Labyrinth Collection. If you know me well you know I am a huge David Bowie fan. Naturally it would follow that I am a little obsessed with the movie "Labyrinth". Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of the movie's release and this collection was created in commemoration. As soon as I saw teasers from Native War Paints of this collection, I knew I would be all over it!

The four polishes I have all have some amount of color shifting properties, although some are more visible than others. The colors are intense and have strong pigmentation in that duochrome metallic kind of way. Each formula was great and application was easy breezy. Let's get to the photos!


Hoggle and Ludo, Friends is a "purple-orange-red duochrome with red-bronze-copper UCC flakies and red and bronze flakies in a red base." The shift here is pretty subtle. In the shade I can see the orange to red shift, but I don't notice the purple. This was a surprise favorite for me! This sort of dirty orange shade looked really good with my skin tone. And who doesn't love Ludo? This was two easy coats, no top coat.


In the shade:


Chilly Down With the Fire Gang is a "red-orange-yellow duochrome with various pink flakies in a vibrant pink base." Not really seeing the shift in this one, it just looks fuchsia to my eye. This shade is really channeling the 80's vibe for me. Nice formula, really easy to apply and build opacity. This was two coats, no top coat.

Fun fact: This song on the soundtrack (it's not included in the movie version) has one of the only "raps" I can sing along with. Lol.


In the shade:


Sir Didymus is a "cyan-blue-red duochrome with red, blue, white and gold flakies in a vibrant blue base." This was another one that has an extremely subtle shift. I could see just the slightest color change in person. I like the gold flakies, which are most visible in the shade. Another great formula, this was two coats, no top coat.


In the shade:


Goblin King is a "purple-blue-red duochrome with pink-purple-blue- gold UCC flakies and various purple flakies in a black base." Now THIS has some serious shift going on. I think the dark base and changing colors are a great match for Jareth! I did need to touch up some spots for photos, but it was another good formula. Basically two coats, no top coat.

This was extremely difficult to capture!

In the shade:


Preorder runs until July 2nd during which: 
Individual polish will be $9
Full set, $64
Half set, $34

They will be available for full price after the preorder:
Individual polish will be $10
Full set, $70
Half set, $37

I definitely suggest checking out the other half of the Native War Paints Labyrinth Collection! My two favorites from the other four shades are You Have No Power Over Me and I Will Be There For You. 



Native War Paints



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!