Friday, August 26, 2016

Pretty & Polished Connie and Carla Collection



Hello lovelies! Today I have another Pretty & Polished collection to share with you, this one much different from the last. The Connie and Carla Collection is inspired by the movie of the same name, and consists of seven glitter polishes in a variety of colors and formulas. I have never seen the movie before- a comedy about drag queens- but after swatching this collection and reading about the inspirations, it's at the top of my to-watch list! 


*You may notice a different nail shape in my photos. For the last few weeks I've been working on a new nail shape until as luck would have it, I had a major break. So I'm working on growing them out again and we'll see how it goes. In the meantime, you'll see a little back and forth in nail length from photos I've taken pre-break.*


Don't Be A Drag is a "purple jelly base packed with holo and sapphire glitters".The balance of glitters and suspension base is good which made application easy and built up enough opacity in two coats. Shown with top coat.



Debbie Darling "is a light golden crelly base packed with red and gold glitter". This has a nice and easy application. I used two coats with a little touch up where it was needed. Shown with top coat.



'N Cream is a "white crelly base with matte peach glitters of various sizes". I didn't quite get it opaque in three coats, but decided to stop there. Shown with top coat.



South Pacific Sing Along is a "light blue crelly packed with colorful glitters in varying sizes". The application here was a bit trickier so I relied more on the "dab and spread" technique. This was three coats plus top coat.



Belles of the Balls is a blackened blue jelly base "with black and blue holo micro glitter and neon dot glitter". This one looks like a fun Halloween shade to me, don't you think? The application took a little care but it didn't present too much trouble. This was two coats, and I used two coats of top coat to make it nice and smooth and shiny.



Scary Mary is a "red, leaning more berry, jelly base packed with red glitters". Application took a little care, but I got it looking good in two coats. I only needed one coat of top coat.



Quick Change Queens is a gray to nude thermal crelly filled with mainly aqua, indigo, violet, and  gold glitters. The cold state of this polish is gray, and it turns nude when warm. The warmth of my hands kept it nude the whole time I was wearing it. Application was easy, except for the change of color while you're applying it, it kind of messes with you. This was two coats plus top coat.


Each polish in the collection retails between $9-8.50 full size (15ml) and $4.50-$5 for minis (6ml) and can be purchased through the Pretty & Polished website

Pretty & Polished


Have any of you ever watched Connie and Carla? Is it as entertaining as it sounds? Let me know what you think of these polishes and if you have a favorite! My favorite has to be Quick Change Queens because both warm and cold states of the polish are such lovely shades and the combination of glitters is so pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!