Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Guest Post by Furious Filer

Hello friends! Before the month is over and the craziness that is the 31 Day Challenge begins, I have a couple more great guest posts to share. Today's guest post is brought to you by Marta from the blog Furious Filer. I am a big fan of Marta's. She has the most gorgeously shaped nails ever, elegant hand poses, and does amazing nail art that really inspires me. I am so happy she agreed to do a guest post for me! Let's take a look at what she created!


Hello! My name is Marta and I blog over at Furious Filer. This is my first time doing a guest post and I'm super excited it's for Emiline's blog! Her nails are always painted to perfection! I am not the most patient girl on the planet and I often lose it when doing nails so it might surprise you that for today's post I chose to do an advanced stamping design. What can I say, I like living on the edge! Let's have a look.

I have recently swatched A England's Russian Soul collection and I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use the shades in nail art. My absolute favourite is the olive/opal Katyusha* which I used for my base. 


Not so long ago I popped into TK Maxx because I love their unique home pieces. And when I say I 'popped in' I mean I spent half a day there, browsing through beautiful stuff that would never fit into my flat anyway! So, as I was looking around I spotted a number of gorgeous platters with the most stunning and colourful mandala-like designs. I immediately decided to recreate it on my nails. Luckily, I had a Bundle Monster BM-S101 plate that's full of mandala patterns. Can you imagine doing it free hand?!


An advanced stamping or reverse stamping technique means that once you have picked up your stamp, you colour it in, wait for it to dry, peel it off your stamper and apply the whole design (decal) on to your nails. That way you can use a few shades within one stamp...and possibly lose it in the process!
To fill in my design I used A England Polovetsian Dances*, Natasha's Dance/War and Peace* and Briar Rose Sleeping Beauty*. I picked up my design with Models Own Chrome Copper and sealed it with Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat. 


Emiline does the most amazing macro shots and I literally drool over them so I decided to include a little close-up too! 


I hope you enjoyed reading my post and thank you so much Emiline for having me! 


Wow! This is so gorgeous Marta! I certainly have a love/hate relationship with advanced stamping and you knocked this out of the park. Thank you so much for your post and for making such a beautiful mani for me to showcase on my blog. Please go follow her blog so you don't miss out on any of her amazing creations!

Furious Filer
Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!