Saturday, July 19, 2014

Guest Post From The Dalai Lama's Nails

Hello lovelies! I am so excited about today's guest post! Hannah of The Dalai Lama's Nails is joining us for my Blogiversary Celebration guest post series today. I started following Hannah a few months ago because I was so inspired by her creativity. I love the designs she creates with her freehand nail art. Though it was hard to choose, I have some great examples to check out here, here, and here. I'm also a fan of her blog name and the inspiration behind it. It's genuinely original. But before you get too distracted by checking out her awesome blog, let's see what she has for us here!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dalai Lama's Nails: Nail Polish Society guest post

Hey there, I'm Hannah, and my little corner of the blogosphere is over at The Dalai Lama's Nails. Something I love about blogging is that I get to know other bloggers - and that's how I've started to get to know Emily. I'm always so inspired by her work - she's got such a wonderful sense of design and color. Plus, oh my gosh, I so identify with her ideal Polish Society. I believe in my right to bear polish! I can't believe she's only been blogging for a year - she's so good! (and congrats, dear!). For my guest post today, I was so inspired by her Wild Zebra Hearts Tutorial. Because - duh - how freaking cute are those hearts?! I decided to go with two contrasting colors, and to add in a full zebra stripe accent nail. Hope you like it and try out her tutorial for a fun and easy look.


  The Dalai Lama's Nails: Nail Polish Society guest post

The Dalai Lama's Nails: Nail Polish Society guest post

zebra-hearts-5

To get this look, I polished some nails with Essie Fear or Desire and some with Zoya Kieko. With a detail brush, I created the heart and filled them in with Zoya Purity. I added the zebra stripes with the opposite color, and then outlined with American Apparel Hassid. I topped everything off with a nice, thick coat of Seche Vite. Rawr! No, wait… zebras… what do zebras say?

  zebra-hearts-6

The Dalai Lama's Nails: Nail Polish Society guest post

Thanks, Emiline, for having me on your blog! Congrats on a fantastic year - and I'm looking forward to a great year ahead! If you want to see more of me, you can check me out at The Dalai Lama's Nails or on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, now you can wander over to her blog to go check her out! Next week on her blog she will report on her recent Cosmoprof (cosmetic trade show) experience. I can't wait to see all the swag and hear about what previews she's most excited about. Thank you so much Hannah for this post and your sweet compliments. And thank you wonderful people for reading. Please leave a comment to let me know what you think. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!