Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Formula X Solar Flare and Photoelectric

Hello Lovelies! I have two gorgeous Formula X polishes to share with you today. A few months ago I showed you two from the Liquid Crystals collection in this post. I mentioned then that Solar Flare was next on my wishlist, and I finally got my paws on it! I had also been eyeing Photoelectric and had to add that to my cart. They are fairly expensive as nail polishes go, so I am slowly building my collection.

Formula:
The formula for both shades was great. They applied easily and evenly. They are described as sheer, and these two are. When I swatched Beacon and Magma I felt two coats gave sufficient coverage. I stuck with two coats for Solar Flare and Photoelectric too, but you can tell from the photos that I probably should have applied a third coat. It wasn't too obvious in real life though.

Cap and brush:
The Formula X bottles are topped with a bulky outer cap, but when removed it shows the smaller, easy-to-handle cap. The brushes are thin and flexible, and capture a balanced amount of polish on them for application.

Solar Flare is a "pink micro-glitter in sheer strawberry". I used two coats, plus topcoat. It's just as pretty as I hoped it would be!

Photos are in direct sunlight.


Photoelectric is a "purple and blue micro glitter in sheer bright blue". The purple color shift is slight, but visible. I struggled capturing it in the photos. This is such a spectacular shade of blue! I used two coats, plus topcoat.

Photos are in direct sunlight.


Solar Flare and Photoelectric are sold at Sephora and retail for $12.50.

What do you think? Do you have a favorite? I'm already trying decide which ones I want next!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!