Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Gilded Bumble Bee

This is an old post from back in August. I was trying to edit a typo and accidentally put the post back in draft form. I couldn't figure out how to put it back to where it was originally publish. Arrrggh!! So instead of having it just disappear, I'm republishing it. If anyone knows how to restore it, please let me know!


I have been blogging for over three weeks now. Why am I not perfect yet??!! What is this learning curve, and why is it harassing me? Seriously, I am an impatient person. I get frustrated when things don't turn out the way I want them to, even if I have almost no experience under my belt. This is why it took me years and years to finally learn how to cook. Every couple of years I would try something ambitious like lasagna,  and then throw my hands up in despair when it didn't turn out right. It might sound silly, but it's sadly true.

I've been clinging to my mantra now, "Don't give up! Don't give up!", because I so badly want to stick with this and improve. So I had a cool (says me) idea and it didn't turn out. Well good. Now I've learned even more than if it had gone perfectly smoothly.


I used blue painters tape to mask of the gold base and painted black over it. I can't cut it straight lines well, so it was hard to get the pieces even. I guess I didn't have the tape very secure against the nail because once I pulled them off, the lines looked all wonky. Some of the gold also came off with the tape, which was pretty frustrating.

What I used:
Ulta 14 Carat- gold base
Sephora by OPI Looks Like Rain, Dear- gold glitter
Sephora by OPI What's a Tire Jack?- black



I am pleased with the title though. Gilded Bumble Bee sounds either like the name for a trendy "chic boutique", or some Renaissance restaurant/inn.


Also, I felt like a gangsta with all the bling on my nails.

2 comments:

  1. Um, whatever. It looks totally amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up! "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!"

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!