Saturday, March 24, 2018

Rainy Days With Zoya


Hello lovelies! It's been a lazy week spent inside watching the rain, wind, and lightning storms. All this wet Spring weather has put me in some kind of mood, and I've found myself reaching for polishes that reflect that with moody shades. I pulled together these four Zoya polishes that seemed to be made for each other and created some rainy day nail art. Before we get to that I wanted to show them each off individually.


Saint is a jelly-like vibrant cornflower with pink shimmer. This was from the Enchanted Winter/Holiday 2016 collection. This color is just stuuunning! It has a smooth, thin formula. Shown is three thin coats plus top coat. 



Aster is a periwinkle/lavender with blue and pink glassfleck shimmer. This is from the Petals for Spring 2016 collection. The formula was thin but built up nicely. Shown is two coats plus top coat. 



Abby is a dusty pale lavender creme. This is from the Charming Spring 2017 collection. I have a couple other cremes similar to this shade and it never gets old. Shown is two coats plus top coat. 



River is a vibrant blue full of metallic aqua shimmery flecks. This is from the Wanderlust Summer 2017 collection. I know this doesn't have the same "rainy day" vibe as the others, but it coordinates so well in the nail art I did below. Oh, and it's just beautiful anyway. Shown is two coats plus top coat. 



For this look I wanted to create something fluid. I didn't have a plan really, I just started adding squiggly lines with a thin nail art brush. Somehow it all came together!

Look at all the different types of shimmer!


What do you think of these shades? Do you own any of them? Let me know if they say "rainy days" to you too, or if you see something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!