Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Rica Down The Shore Collection Swatches and Review

Hello lovelies! Coming back from the holiday weekend, today feels like a Monday, so I'm a little thrown off that it's Tuesday already. To get your work week started right I have some bright and cheery polishes to show you! This collection is inspired by New Jersey, the place creator Ricarda calls home.


Formula and Application: The Rica Down The Shore Collection is made up of six neon cremes, two of which have a subtle shimmer. This might be one of the most ROYGBIV (minus the I) neon collections I've ever seen, with most of the colors being fairly deep. They have a signature neon finish, as they all dry down matte, so you'll want a nice top coat to get them shiny. A white undercoat isn't needed and I didn't try it, but it's possible it could make them brighter. The formulas were good for the most part and application was really smooth except for two which were still pretty decent. There was some sheerness for me which required an application of three coats for some of them. The only slight issue that stood out to me was that there was some tiny bits of stray pigments that hadn't been completely mixed. Almost unnoticeable except for one photo, which I'll point out. Ricarda has been notified of this issue and is taking necessary steps to solve it. Any defective bottles purchased through May 27th will be replaced. Okay, I know this got a little wordy, let's move on to the photos.


Point Pleasant is a neon yellow creme. For a yellow I thought this formula was pretty good. Although it was a tad bit chalky as you would expect, the application was still easy. This was three coats with top coat.

This photo taken in the shade shows off its color, and how it just glows, much better.


Belmar is a neon orange creme. Again this was just a little on the chalky side, but a fairly easy application. This was three coats with top coat.


Wildwood is a magenta neon with subtle shimmer. This formula was much more creamy than the first two. This was two coats with top coat.


Atlantic City is a neon green creme. I've mentioned before how much my camera hates greens. I feel like this is pretty color accurate but doesn't capture the neon-bright intensity very well. This was also more creamy, but didn't self-level as well as the others. I used three thin coats and top coat.



Long Beach Island is a neon blue creme with a subtle shimmer. I love this shade of blue, and it may be my favorite of the collection. If you look at my pinky you can see some of that undesolved pigment where it made a darker spot (again, this issue is being addressed, see above). This formula self-leveled well and I used three thin coats and top coat.


Ocean City is a warm neon purple creme. This is the other shade that's battling it out for my favorite. It reminds me a lot of Essie DJ Play That Song, one of my all time favorite shades, although I feel that this formula is much better. This was three thin coats and top coat.


The Down The Shore Collection can be purchased for $45/set or $9/each and is available now through Rica's Etsy store.

Rica

What do you think of the collection? Do you have a favorite? I can see myself using these polishes a lot in the future. I can almost promise you you'll see them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!