Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Celestial Cosmetics The Valyrio Collection Swatches and Review


Hey lovely ladies! I have a fantastic collection from a new-to-me brand, Celestial Cosmetics. The Valyrio Collection was created in collaboration with my fellow blogging buddy Christine of Serenity Nails, so of course I'm already a fan. I swooned over Christine's swatches when they were released and was so excited to try these polishes for myself! Let me tell you, there is not a dud in the bunch!

The Valyrio Collection was inspired by The Game of Thrones. You may have heard of it. As I'm not exactly a fan myself (sorry!) I will refer you to Christine's post here to tell you all about the inspiration.

Formula and application:
Celestial Cosmetics polishes are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). This six piece collection consists of three duochrome and three holographic polishes. Each formula is slightly varied, but they all have in common a thinner consistency which is really smooth and easy to work with. I'm going to sound like a broken record with each one, because they're all good.

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain 12ml. The brushes are flat with a medium width, a shape I really prefer. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 


Sesir Kipi is a bright colbalt blue linear holographic with golden/green shimmer and green flakies. The flakies are more visible in person, and they give a nice depth and detail. This was a really great formula and I had no issues with application. This is two coats, shown without top coat. 



Dracarys is a complex red linear holographic that has a orange-y appearance because of the golden shimmer (?), and also has red flakes and red microglitter. There is a lot of depth to this one that doesn't show well in my photos. This was a really great formula and I had no issues with application. This is two coats, shown without top coat.



Daria Zaldrizoti is a red/pink/gold duochrome two coat no top coat. The gold shift wasn't very strong for me and I couldn't really seem to capture it. You can notice it a tiny bit on the sides of my nails and in the bottle. Serenity Nails shows it off really well in her swatches. This was a really great formula and I had no issues with application. This is two coats, shown without top coat. 



Kirimvos is a bright emerald/turquoise leaning green linear holograhic with blue/green/gold opal flakies. This is a really gorgeous mermaid-y type shade. This was a really great formula and I had no issues with application. This is two coats, shown without top coat.



Kastamiro Damior is a blackened teal with green/blue/teal/purple shimmer. As soon as I looked at the bottle I knew there was no hope in my photos coming out correctly. I can never photograph teals like I want! This was also the only one that didn't have a perfect formula. It was still really good, just more sheer. It only needed two coats, but I should have used three for my photos. Also, after wearing it for about 15 minutes, I did have the slightest bit of staining. This is shown without top coat.



Lilagon is a vibrant mossy green duochrome with a green/gold/blue/red shift. This is my favorite of the bunch because it is just so vivid and rich.This was a really great formula and I had no issues with application. This is two coats, shown without top coat. 


I took this last shot just as I was walking back inside. It really captures the bright green shift.


Each shade retails for $12 AUD and is available now on the Celestial Cosmetics Australian website. They are also available for $9.90 USD each on their international website.


Which is your favorite shade? Are you a GoT fan? My story goes like this: Seven years ago when I was pregnant with my son I started reading "A Song of Ice and Fire". I was really enjoying it until I started getting some serious nightmares. Pregnancy does that to me as I was reminded with my next kid when I tried reading "Dracula". So I quit reading the book and that was the end of my interest in the series!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!