Thursday, June 14, 2018

The Holo Hookup July 2018: Nostalgic Board Games


Hello friends! I am just thrilled to have the chance to review The Holo Hookup box this month! If you're not familiar, The Holo Hookup is a monthly box with exclusive holographic polishes  created in collaboration with three permanent indie brands- Cupcake Polish, Different Dimension, and Glisten & Glow- along with a guest maker. This month's guest is Polish 'M and the theme is one of my favorite pastimes, nostalgic board games!




Cupcake Polish "Free Parking"

Cupcake Polish "Free Parking" is a jade green linear holo with heavy red and blue contrasting aurora shimmer. The green is so vibrant and the formula is really nice to apply. Shown is two coats plus top coat.






I did a non-specific game inspired reverse stamping mani with the What's Up Nails A004 stamping plate.


Different Dimension "This Is How We Roll"

Different Dimension "This Is How We Roll" is a vermillion red linear holo with copper to green shifting aurora shimmer. I know it says "red", but it comes across as an intense, fiery orange. Oh, and it's stunning.  Shown is two coats plus top coat.





You sunk my battleship! This Battleship inspired mani was created using What's Up Nails Fire Stencils.


Glisten & Glow "It's A HIT!"

Glisten & Glow "It's A HIT!" is a grey linear holo with orange/red/yellow color shifting UCC flakes with a dusting of copper shimmer. This comes across as more of a brown than a grey to me. I think it's a stunning combination of colors and it has a nice thin, even formula. Shown is three coats plus top coat.






One of my all time favorite board games is Risk! My husband worked on the art team that created a Facebook version of Risk. I was so addicted to it, I played every single day until it eventually shut down. This many was created using the UberChic Beauty 2-03 stamping plate.


Polish 'M "#sorrynotsorry"

Polish 'M "#sorrynotsorry" is a medium blue linear holo with a purple shimmer, scattered silver galaxy holo, silver holo micro flakes and purple to blue shifting iridescent micro glitter. The subtle purple shimmer was so hard to capture but added a special touch.  Shown is two coats plus top coat.






Another one of my favorite board games is Scrabble. It's also another Facebook game I've been addicted to, lol. The What's Up Nails B019 stamping plate doesn't have an "H", so I jimmy-rigged the "E" to create the shape.

The July Holo Hookup box will be available June 21st, 9pm EDT through June 28th, 9pm EDT. The box retails for $40. 

The Holo Hookup
Shop
Facebook
Instagram


I think the makers did a great job with shades that together reflect classic games. Best of all, they're all beautiful on their own!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!