Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Essie Spring 2018 Collection


Hello friends! I am so pleased to share the Essie Spring 2018 collection with you! The collection has a nautical theme and I think the color palette reflects that for the most part. I have a real soft spot for anything nautical so my heart was already in it before I even tried them on. The best part is that the formulas were all fantasic- really smooth, with nice opacity, and I didn't have any issues with application. Let's get right to it..


Pass-port to Sail is a sheer pearly sandy beige shimmer. As sheer polishes go it actually wasn't that sheer. I wore a ridge filling base coat so it wouldn't look too patchy. It self-leveled really well and I almost got away with a uniform look in one coat! Shown is two coats plus top coat.


Perfect Mate is a dusty coraly pink creme. We've been seeing a lot of these shades in the last year and I love them all. It had great opacity and a smooth formula. Shown is two coats plus top coat.


At The Helm is a dusty burnt pumpkin orange creme. The camera really wanted to show it brighter than it is, so imagine it a little more subdued. Another really smooth formula. Shown is two coats plus top coat.


Bon Boy-age is a light dusty mint/sage creme. This is one of my favorites of the collection because, well, look at it. It was also smooth and self-leveled well.  Shown is two coats plus top coat.


Stripes and Sails is a saturated teal creme. I didn't feel like there was really anything special about this shade but the formula was fantastic. This is a complete one coater! Shown is one coat plus top coat.


Anchor Down is a deep dusty blue/gray creme. I luuurve denim blue shades like this. It was so close to being a one coater, and if you applied it right it would be. Shown is two coats plus top coat.


I had to create some nail art with the whole collection to show off how they all look together. Since the collection has a nautical theme I wanted to reflect that in a subtle way with lots of stripes! I've done this look before a couple years back (here). I've wanted to recreate the style ever since.

The Spring 2018 collection is available online and in retail stores.


What are your thoughts on this collection? Do you have a favorite? Let me know in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!