Sunday, September 25, 2016

piCture pOlish Sisters by Nail Polish Society


Hello my wonderful Society Sisters!! The long awaited day is here and I finally get to unveil to the world my collaboration shade with the nail polish brand piCture pOlish. This has been an amazing opportunity and I couldn't be more excited to share what we've created! You may remember that way back in 2014 I participated in piCture pOlish Blog Fest (see it HERE) and was chosen as one of the winners. The prize was a chance to create my very own shade- something I had as a goal ever since I discovered the brand. The anticipation of this day has been building for such a long time. My pregnancy last year stalled the creation process on my end, but fortunately they were very patient and understanding with me. I believe it was completely worth the wait, and hope you do too!


Celebrating those special relationships that enrich our lives, unite, empower, and fulfill us. "Our sisters are gifts to the heart, friends to the spirit"- a unique bond found within families, between friends, and throughout a worldwide sisterhood of women.



The Name: Choosing the name 'Sisters' came easy to me as I already had it at the top of my list of names for if I ever got to do a piCture pOlish collaboration shade (goal setting works!). There were a couple other serious contenders, but I went with the one that had the greatest meaning to me. The inspiration behind the name is multifaceted. First and foremost it is a tribute to my sisters. I have a sister for every day of the week. Literally. With no brothers in the mix, my world is surrounded by women. My sisters play many roles in my life as supporters, cheerleaders, role models, friends. I also have close friends and relatives, young and old, that I equate with sisters.  The word sisters has a broader meaning still when I think of a worldwide sisterhood and the inherent connection I have with the finer sex around the globe. That means you beautiful ladies! This may sound so cheesy, but it's true!


The Tagline: One of my favorite things that I love about piCture pOlish is the taglines that correspond with each shade's name. I enjoy using witty puns any chance I get, and here was my perfect opportunity! If you didn't pick up on it already, "caring and sharing" is a reference to the song "Sisters" from the classic movie "White Christmas". In case you aren't familiar with the song, check out THIS video, then thank me later when you can't get it out of your head.  "All the best tips" has the double meaning of bits of advice, and fingertips, aka nails.


The Color: The color took a little more effort to decide on. I wanted to go with a color that I felt represented the name well. In the end I knew I wanted a shade in my favorite color "family". I have a deep love for neutral shades, especially for this wonderfully indescribable color. It's a a mix of purple, brown, and gray. A purpleish taupe. I've yet to find a singular name for it. For me this shade is timeless. It's appropriate for basically any occasion or season, but isn't boring in the least. I also fell like it's flattering on a multitude of skin tones. It took a couple tries to get the right shade, but they did a beautiful job in the end. The famous piCture pOlish scattered holo wasn't part of my original plan, but it's so popular for a reason. It gives this shade extra depth and a gorgeous glow.


The Formula: Just as importantly as the name and color, the formula needed to be just as fabulous! Of course you would expect nothing less from piCture pOlish. Sisters applies like a dream, is perfectly opaque in two coats, and dries smooth on the nail (contains no glitter). All my photos are shown with top coat.


Because this shade is dedicated to my sisters, I wanted to celebrate its launch with them. For my sisters that are local enough to attend, along with other friends and family, I had a nail painting party two nights ago where lots of people got to try my shade on. Every time I saw it on someone else I got more and more excited!



piCture pOlish Sisters is now available for purchase through the piCture pOlish website, and through their international stockists (availability may vary). For my US based readers, Color4Nails will have them for purchase.

piCture pOlish
Store



I am dying to hear your feedback! What do you think of the name? The shade? Tell me about the special sisters in your life! Thank you so much for all your support and love!


xoxo Emiline xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!