Monday, September 26, 2016

31DC2016 Day 24: Lonesome Dove


Hello again! For the 31 Day Challenge's Day 24 "inspired by a book" prompt I went with one of my favorite books, "Lonesome Dove". This epic western novel has the richest of characters, a compelling plot, and a deeply evocative atmosphere. It's one of those books I want to read again and again!

For my mani I wanted to do a moody sunset gradient. I kept it simple, with a slightly eerie feel to it that I think reflects the mood of the town Lonesome Dove. Then I did a simple stamped dove accent nail to draw a deeper connection to the name.



What I used:
Essie Go Go Geisha- pink
Essie Udon Know Me- blue
Essie Kimono-over- purple
Rica Whiteout
MoYou London Festive 19 stamping plate

Looking back:
31 Day Challenge 2014- The Hangry Games
31 Day Challenge 2013- Maphead


I had never considered myself a fan of the Western genre (in books) until I read this one. I've read a couple more of Larry McMurtry's sinse then, and want to read more. I even named my minivan after Captain Call's infamous mare. Have you read this book? Let me know what you think of my mani!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!