Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Nail Polish Society's July Spotlight: Glam Polish



Hello lovely Society Sisters! I have been really enjoying my monthly blog spotlights, have you? For July's spotlight I am featuring another amazing Aussie brand- Glam Polish! I am always amazed and awed at how many gorgeous shades Rachel creates consistently and often. I have had the good fortune of swatching for her many times and now have the pleasure of finding out a little more about the brains behind the brand. Let's read on..



Tell us a little about yourself -

I live in Cairns, Australia with my husband and son, I like to travel, I love everything Disney and collect a lot of Disney keepsakes and art.

Glam Polish Azkaban



Tell us about your brand. What do you feel sets you apart or defines you? 

I mostly make what I would like to wear myself and hope that others will like it too, I’m not great at nail art so I like polishes that have mixes of flakies, glitter or shimmer that look good on their own. 

Glam Polish Wizarding War


When did your love for polish begin?  

I was always interested in polish but I started collecting in 2011. 

Glam Polish No Shoes No Shirts No Sheldon


Did you ever have plans to be an entrepreneur before starting Glam Polish? 

I previously ran a business from home and have also worked in tourism & hospitality. 

Glam Polish Zombieland


If you could own and run any other non-nail polish related business, what would it be? 

I would love to do something else hand made, artistic or clothing related. 

Glam Polish Hiya, Georgie!


How did you make the leap into creating your own brand? 

I used to blog and played around a lot making my own glitter polishes, eventually I ended up with so much glitter I decided to sell some shades to help fund buying more glitter. 

Glam Polish Clairvoyant


Are there advantages/disadvantages to being an Aussie based brand? 

The biggest disadvantage is that International dangerous goods freight is very time consuming and difficult to get our polishes to Michigan USA where they are distributed to our US and International customers. Our biggest advantage is that we have a really good lacquer base supplier here in Australia. 

Glam Polish Mr No-Maj


What inspires you? 

I get a lot of inspiration from musicals, movies, tv and places we travel, I enjoy shades the most when I love their inspiration.

Glam Polish Boys of Summer


Do you have a dedicated space for your polish making? Can you tell us about it? 

I have a separate room with a making area, pouring area, a lot of shelving and a extractor fan.

Glam Polish It's Now or Never and Fairest of Them All


What is your favorite part of your job? 

Creating new colors. 

Glam Polish I Glitterly Don't Give A #$%?


What’s your least favorite part? 

Naming shades can be really hard. 

Glam Polish Go Get 'Em, Googly Bear


Can you pick a favorite shade of yours? Or collection? 

I loved our Hairspray Collection it had such great inspiration. 

Glam Polish We Will Rock You 2.0


Was there a specific polish or collection that “put you on the map” so to speak? 

Our Rydell High series of shades inspired by Grease were pretty popular back in 2014. 

Glam Polish The Ghost Next Door


What was your most popular shade of 2018? 

I think Shell No was our best selling. Otter This World and Cinderelly, Cinderelly were also very popular. 

Glam Polish Monster Blood


Is your polish preference any different for your toes than your fingers? Since makers and bloggers don't keep manicures the same for long, how often do you have a fresh pedi? Or do you even have time for that? 

My son takes up almost all my spare time, I really only wear polish on one hand when testing new shades now.

Glam Polish Vampire Breath


Is there someone who inspires you in business or life in general? Any mentors? 

Pam from Girly Bits Cosmetics has always been a big inspiration for me in the Indie Polish World. 

Glam Polish Always On Mind


What can we expect from you in the future? Are there any goals you’re aiming toward? 

Our Halloween Horror Shop is coming up in a few months that is always the highlight of my year and my favorite ongoing series. 

 

Extra tid bits and thoughts:

* Either Rachel really chose her name well, or she's done the best to live up to it. Either way her polishes are always so GLAM with lots of sparkle and shine!

*Rachel is really good at complex polishes, with lots of elements that actually look good together. If you like nail art but don't have the time for it or are too intimidated I feel like her polishes are an awesome substitute. They are certainly never boring!

* If you've never checked out Glam Polish's Halloween Horror Shop, I highly suggest you do this year. I swear she saves her best shades for it!

Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into this Rachel! I hope you all had as much fun getting to know her better as I did!
Thank you for reading. For more Glam Polish goodness and to keep up-to-date with what's new, check out the links below.


Glam Polish





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!