Monday, December 15, 2014

Formula X for Sephora The X Look: Holiday Edition Set


Hey Ladies! Today I have swatches of a the Formula X for Sephora The X Look: Holiday Edition Set. It contains four mini (0.13oz) polishes, each with a different formula. I have yet to try a bad Formula X polish, and these are no exception. While the shades for the most part aren't innovative, they are good staples. I think the set would be a great stocking stuffer. In fact, I thought it was a lovely gift to myself. 

image source: sephora.com

Obsessed is a semi-sheer oxblood. It is described as a creme, but they lied, it's actually a crelly. It is part of permanent the New Classics collection. This is two coats, no topcoat. You of course could do a third coat for better opacity, but I kind of liked it like this.



Temptation is described as a gold pearl but is once again I would have to disagree and say it's a foil. It has a nice formula and delivers some good bling. This is two coats, no topcoat.



Impassioned is a vampy plum pearl shimmer. For this shade in particular I had hopes that it would be slightly more original. Still, it's pretty and a good formula, so I know I'll be wearing it again. This is two coats, no topcoat.



Thrilling is a heather gray nude. Kind of an odd name for this shade. Nonetheless, this is one of my new favorite neutrals. I've worn it four times already! Application was smooth and even. This is three coats, no topcoat. It is also part of permanent New Neutrals collection.




Formula X for Sephora The X Look: Holiday Edition Set is limited-edition and has been marked down from $25 to $18. So grab one quick if you don't want to miss out.

I'm so happy that Thrilling is a permanent shade because I know I'll be going back for the full size!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!