Tuesday, September 9, 2014

31DC2014 Day 09: Rainbow Sparkle Gradient


Hello lovelies!
Okay, I need to begin by saying that I completely love this manicure! I think it's gorgeous and I should be completely satisfied with it. But... the only problem is that I had bigger plans for it. Thank goodness I had the foresight to photograph it "just in case" I completely muffed it up. I had this amazing water marble design in mind that I couldn't execute for the life of me. I spent 2-3 hours trying to make it work before I eventually gave up. I finally came to the conclusion that with 22 more days left of the challenge, I need to hold on to my sanity while I still can.




So did I mention that I love this? I don't think I realized how much I love rainbows before I started doing them on my nails. One of my very favoritest manis is this rainbow swirls from the OMD2 challenge in July.


For this mani I started with a white base, Zoya Purity, on each nail.

After that had dried, I used a makeup wedge sponge to create the gradients.

Most of the polishes I used are from Jenna Hipp's The New Brights Collection. For each nail I painted two colors directly on the sponge, then dabbed the sponge on my nail. I repeated the process two or three (or four) times for each nail until I got enough coverage.

Then I finished it off with Out The Door Northern Lights topcoat.



What I used:
Jenna Hipp Daft Pink- pink
Jenna Hipp Jenna and the Giant Peach- orange
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow
Jenna Hipp We Are Mint to Be- green
Essie Bikini So Teeny- blue
Jenna Hipp Ain't Life Grape?- purple
Out The Door Northern Lights topcoat- holo glitter

Here's what I did for last year's 31DC2013 Rainbow post. I obviously enjoy the rainbow gradient!

The more I look at this mani, the more I feel like I'll see a unicorn peeking around a corner any minute. Do they even live around these parts?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!