Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Long Time, No Post.

I know, I know! It's been two whole months since I've last posted anything. Sorry everyone, I wasn't planning on taking such a long break. I haven't been feeling 100%, but I should be back in the game now. 


Having been so long, I felt a lot of pressure to make my next post super awesome. Those were my intentions anyway. Not only have I not been posting, but I've neglected my nails completely. That means I'm a little out of practice. Apparently my stamping skills really suffered.


At least my thumb nail doesn't look half bad, right? For Christmas my sister sent me some MoYou stamping plates. Isn't she awesome? :) I should have taken a photo of the plate before I used it, but I forgot, and now it's all streaky looking from the acetone. For a better picture of the MoYou Fairytale Plate Collection 04, look here. All of their plates are soooo adorable, I want them all!


I've been watching as much of the Sochi Olympics as I can, and I wanted to do a design to reflect some aspect of the games. These nails were inspired by the Opening Ceremony. There was a part towards the end where they made it look like the night sky, so that's what I was going for. Let's pretend all the squiggly lines here are part of my "artistic" interpretation.


Seriously, what happened to my pinky? It looks like I had a seizure while I was stamping it.


What I used:
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Quick Jeanius
Sephora by OPI White Hot
MoYou Fairytale Plate Collection 04

Well I better get back to practicing all my skills that have atrophied during my long absence! I've missed you all! I can't wait until I turn out something really good.

6 comments:

  1. I love you, Emiline! We forgive your pinky... ;) I love the contrast between the blue and white, and the idea of incorporating themes from the Olympics. I hope you will do more, as I have not been able to catch any of them:( . Great to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your forgiveness. :) You are missing out on some awesome events if you haven't been watching!

      Delete
  2. P.S. The above comment was from me - my google account was all wacky...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah, I kind of disappeared there... You have been doing some awesome stuff though! I've also been meaning to send you a card. I'm getting to it..

      Delete
  4. Heh heh. Your comment about your pinky gave me a nice chuckle. I really like the stamp. And the colors go really well together. I'm so glad that you're back to blogging! Love you muchly!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!