They say it's your birthday (da na na na na na na), it's my birthday too, yeah! They say it's your birthday (da na na na na na na), we're gonna have a good time!
I have eleven candles on each hand, making 22 in total. What? You think I'm older than 22? (Don't tell anyone, but it's actually a milestone birthday for me!) Just kidding, I'm not shy about my birthdays, and don't think I ever will be. I like the attention and presents too much!
Since this post is all about me, I thought I'd make it a little more personal. Here are some things you might not know about me:
- I just celebrated my ten year anniversary this summer (I wrote a post for the occasion).
- I have two children.
- I am a cat lover but can't own a cat. :(
- I can palm a woman's basketball.
- I studied American Sign Language in college.
- I LOVE reading. I'm struggling with balancing between reading and doing my nails.
- Another hobby I'm passionate about is pen palling. I've also been seriously neglecting my correspondence since beginning this blog. I need to work on that.
- I'm older than 22.
I made the candles by painting two stripes of color on each nail, except for my thumb where I did three. I let the colors dry completely, then masked off the areas using striping tape. I painted the whole nail, one at a time, with DS OPI Mystery. Isn't it gorgeous? I promptly removed the tape, carefully trying to avoid smudging. Then I added the flames using Barielle Banana Drop with my pointy dotting tool.
My kids had fun "blowing out" my candles. :)
I did write out all the colors I used for the candles, but decided the list was too obnoxious and confusing. So just let me know if you want to know what I used.
Thanks to everyone for visiting my blog! I truly enjoy working on it, and it warms the cockles of my heart to know that it also brings joy to others.