Monday, October 5, 2015

Colores de Carol Happy Hour Collection

Hello? Is anyone out there? It's been... WHAT?? FOUR MONTHS since my last post?!! Aaa, you guys, this was not how my blogging year was supposed to go. My last post way back in June explains what I had been up to, and I'll give you a little more update:
I moved twice, and in between moves I didn't have a computer set up. I'm finally settling in to my house, which I love by the way. Now I have the internet and my computer with all my photos that I've had saved from months ago. The other thing is that I'm still pregnant, but not for much longer. I have no idea what it's going to be like trying to do my nails with a new baby, so I guess we'll just wait and see.

Now that we're all caught up, I am so glad I can finally show you this collection that I think is fantastic. I swatched it right before I moved and it's been patiently waiting to be shown. 



Formula and application:
Colores de Carol polishes are all 5-free (meaning no Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor). The Happy Hour Collection consists of seven holographic shades with a foil finish. The holo is a little stronger in some shades than others. The application was consistently smooth and easy for each one with the exception of Papaya Sake, which was a little thicker. Each is shown with two coats, no top coat. 

Bottle and brush:
The bottles contain .5 fl.oz./ 15ml. The brushes are skinny and round. The length is medium sized and flexes well for application. 

Strawberry Bourbon Lemonade is a coppery red linear holo with silver glitter foil finish that gives it a slightly textured appearance in the shade. Two coats, no top coat. 



Pineapple Margarita is a medium yellow- just like a pineapple- with a soft holo sparkle. This also has a metallic foil finish that is visible in the shade. Two coats, no top coat.


There are many a silver holo out there. Yet Silver Cloud Martini in addition to having a lovely strong silver holo, has a really pretty and delicate sparkly foil finish too. Two coats, no top coat.


Papaya Sake is my second favorite of the collection. Its reddish coral with light scattered holo suits me well. The formula was just a little thick, so I took more time with application. I was warned, yet I still failed to apply base coat, and did experience staining. Oops. Two coats, no top coat.


Sea Mist Sunrise- love the name, and it's my favorite. A blue turquoise with soft linear holo and silver metallic foil finish. Such a beautiful color! Two coats, no top coat.


Sour Grape Bellini is a deep blurple linear holo with foil finish. Now that it's Fall, I think I might be busting this one out again. Two coats, no top coat.


Mint Mojito is a rich grassy green linear holo with foil finish. Two coats, no top coat.


I know, summer is gone now, but these are still some fantastic colors. Despite the fact that I don't drink, I still enjoy the fun names of each shade. (You may recall how much I enjoy a good name). What do you think? Do you have a favorite? Is anyone still there? I hope to post again soon!

Colores de Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments!