Saturday, September 7, 2013

31DC2013 Day 07: Black and White Nails

I got this in just under the wire! It's been a crazy busy day. Crazy busy awesomeness that is!! I spent some more time at Salt Lake Comic Con today. My sister came with me and we walked around getting our pictures taken, and also hung out at my husband's booth there. Afterwards he and I went on a date and saw James Taylor perform with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! A seriously wonderful day that I will remember for a long time! Now about my nails..

Thinking about the black and white theme, I knew I wanted to do animal print. I thought about making it easy and doing polar bears with maybe just their noses showing. Heh heh. I'm sure there will be LOTS of animal prints today and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's interpretations. I wanted to see what kind of mix I could get and I really am proud of the result!







Did you ever read the Ranger Rick magazine when you were little? I'm sure National Geographic Kids and others have this too. They would always have those macro pictures on the back cover, and it was a game to guess what they were. It wasn't my original intent, but looking at my nails now, that is all I can think of.








So can you guess what they all are? If you want to know just highlight the answers below.

Thumb- cow
Index- penguin
Middle- zebra
Ring- skunk
Pinky- leopard (the others are more realistic, I took a few liberties here.)


What I used:
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls- white
Sephora by OPI What's a Tire Jack?- black
Sephora by OPI Hi Def- orange
Ulta Cream of the Crop- yellow

I wanted to edit the photos a little, but I don't have time!

5 comments:

  1. I reeeeally like this one! I always loved those little games. The creativity and accuracy of this manicure helps make it one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're so fun. Now I want to do another picture puzzle, but on purpose this time.

      Delete
  2. Love this! Looks like art work I want to hang on my walls!!! You need to think about putting this one up for some contest where you can win $$$!!! honestly it's that good!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments!